can u oc a barton 2500 on SN41G2

gene74

Limp Gawd
i just bought a SN41G2 with a unlocked 2500 barton, 1 gig of corsair xms and 9800 pro 256 mb.

Its running stock at 1.83 ghz. I wanted to check with u guys 1st if i can oc this to like 2.0-2.2 ghz. not much. i know i cant changed the PS ( can i? ) to a higher wattage. Dont want to add a lot of heat. So what do you guys think?

Set it to 200FSB and let it rip...

I've had two SN41G2s and both would run the 2500 Barton at 3200 speed.

It will be warm.

I tried overclocking mine... it wouldn't do it. Not even at 180. :(
Maybe I had some settings wrong... but I think I put it at the most mild ram settings.

I was thinking, maybe it won't overclock because I'm using the integrated video and that shares the system ram?
Just a thought on why I have to reset the BIOS to post after I up the FSB. :confused:

I have heard it doesn't like to overclock when your using the onboard video. I have a 9800 in mine and it does 200 fine but it gets pretty hot.

Okay, thanks a lot for the info.

I did find this after snooping on shuttles site:

Q8
According to the SN41G2 detail specification, the DDR400 can¡¦t perform at its frequency(MHz) while onboard VGA is connected. Why?

A8
Based on the nVidia Chipset specification and design guide, DDR400 will perform at optimal performance when only AGP card is installed and connected. However, if DDR400 is capable to work with its own speed(frequency) while onboard VGA is connected, it would consider as overclocking. Again, overclocking is not recommended by Shuttle and it may cause damaged to both mainboard and peripherals (devices).

i changed the fsb to 185. ran prime 95 overnight, no errors, hot though , cpu was at 55.

other than that, i set my ram to sync and with optimal timings, forgot what it set.

now, how do i know its not affecting my agp and pci? dont wanna mess them up?

Back