Can too many key presses trigger an alt+tab?

Commander FAT

2[H]4U
Recently I've had this problem in COD: Black Ops where the game will randomly minimize and windows will make a ding sound. The effect is exactly like if I were to hit alt+tab. Sometimes it's while I'm pressing keys and sometimes it happens when I'm not pressing any keys.

I have a Microsoft 4000 USB ergonomic keyboard. Is it possible that the keyboard is sending out random alt+tab commands? Is there a way I could test this other than trying a different keyboard, which I will do by the way.

As a side note this issue NEVER happened with any other game. I've played hundreds of hours of Modern Warfare 2 with the same keyboard and I've never had this problem.

The only difference that I can think of is that in Black Ops I'm now using the Q and E keys while moving to lean. Lean wasn't included in MW2 so I never had to press those extra keys while moving. I used them for other things but not in the way I'm pressing them now in Black Ops.

your probably holding down "shift" too long one of those sticky key options. it's in the ease access center or hold/press shift 5x or fuss with it, the option will pop up. Other that i have no options, i'm assuming your using wasd and shift for stuff.

Yeah, WASD. I found those options you mentioned. I turned them all off pretty much. So far so good.

cool, i love the microsoft 4k as well, so much that i had to only use it when i wanted a mechanical board, i just can't find any other physical keyboard layout that is so comfortable

Back