Can someone tell me what's happening?

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
20200929_202224.jpg I think my 2080 Super is dying. My fans don't even turn on while benchmarking. SMH

Not registering the full amount of ram, fans not spinning... Have you done any work in the case since youve noticed the problem ? I would check both power cables, both ends if modular and reseat the card. Then ddu and new driver install.

Not registering the full amount of ram...
I don't think Heaven has registered the correct amount of VRAM since the 780 Ti (or was it 980 Ti?). It's just not coded well.

Last edited:
Not registering the full amount of ram, fans not spinning... Have you done any work in the case since youve noticed the problem ? I would check both power cables, both ends if modular and reseat the card. Then ddu and new driver install.

No work in the case. All cables are tight with a reseat. ddu and new drivers is a negative.

Check the fan profile (or make one) in Afterburner. Also, if you are overclocking, maybe set back to stock.

Also check for stuff blocking the fan, turn the blades a bit by hand to see if they're just stuck.

Check the fan profile (or make one) in Afterburner. Also, if you are overclocking, maybe set back to stock.

Yeah, that's a negative also. It just happened out of the blue. Nothing blocking the fan either. No black screens or crashes. Just very low framerates. It's almost as if the vram took a dump.

Yeah, that's a negative also. It just happened out of the blue. Nothing blocking the fan either. No black screens or crashes. Just very low framerates. It's almost as if the vram took a dump.

So you aren't able to set the fans to a manual setting? So they always spin?

If you can't, I wouldn't suspect the ram. The ram doesn't control the fan. Low framerates and the fans not coming on, tell me it's overheating and clocking itself back.

Set fans to 100% and test again.

Any CPU test that you can compare? Perhaps the CPU is overheating and throttling like hell, or maybe your motherboard has a slow-mode switch that got bumped?

Sounds like either the fans died (which is rare but I guess could happen) or the fan profile corrupted.

The first thing you should do is set the static fan profile, as auntjemima says to 100% just to make sure they are working.

If they are working, you can set a better curve that way your GPU doesn't overheat. But please check that out before anything else.

Last week my case got bumped by the vacuum cleaner and two radiator fans had to have their cables re-seated on the pwm splitter.

If the gpu fans still won't spin after manually setting a fan profile of 100% to engage at a temperature of at least 25C, then worst comes to worst, you could try taking the GPU shroud off and checking the GPU fan power cables. It would also help to know if your GPU is temperature throttling with or without the fans spinning.

But the real issue, you know deep down, is that you must construct additional pylons.

Last week my case got bumped by the vacuum cleaner and two radiator fans had to have their cables re-seated on the pwm splitter.

If the gpu fans still won't spin after manually setting a fan profile of 100% to engage at a temperature of at least 25C, then worst comes to worst, you could try taking the GPU shroud off and checking the GPU fan power cables. It would also help to know if your GPU is temperature throttling with or without the fans spinning.

But the real issue, you know deep down, is that you must construct additional pylons.

The fans spin manually but at a very low rpm. They won't go any faster even when set to 100%. When benchmarking in Heaven They stay stuck at the very low RPM. I have a 2060 I'm gonna try later on tonight. I'll keep ya posted. Still SMH

There's a very big difference between fans not spinning and spin manually at a low speed. You can also try "manually" spinning the fans by using one of the fingers on your off hand to the fan blades a push. Listen for a clicking noise; look for an oily residue; see if the fan spins off kilter. Again, check the GPU temperature and operating frequency under load (and see if it is loading).

Back