Can someone tell me what this is ?

micah

Limp Gawd
I just checked at Windows update to see if any new updates was there. And under driver updates this one is listed.
Advanced Micro Devices processor software update released on August 29 2001.
Can someone tell me what this is ? If you click on the supported hardware it only has "AMD K7 Processor" shown. It is a small d/l only 37KB but I am not sure what it is.

Microsoft lists alot of the stuff on thier website. Most of it is unneed though. Such as I have a 9800XT and it wanted me to download Microsoft 9800 Series drivers instead of the drivers I am using now. You shouldnt need it though....

On my other computer a amd 2600 throughbred I saw that on windows update. On my other computer a 2600 barton I didnt see it.

I dont know what its for and ill wait for someone to try it first. :D

Hi Micah :D Adam here.

Up to you, but I'd get it, if it's anything I can't download a driver for anywhere else, I ussually dl them off windows updater. And I'd bet it could help performance (considering you play wulfram and it is pretty much only cpu intensive).

~Adam

I have not played Wulfram in months now. I am playing many other games that are more GPU than CPU so do not think it would help so much. I will wait for a bit as it just showed up and see if anyone has any problems with it before I go trying it.

I've downloaded in on a couple of different AMD systems. Weird how it doesn't show up but on certain AMD systems - must depend on which cpu your running. Didn't have any problems after downloading and installing it in either system.

Roberty... you do realize that a GF fx 5200 isn't a gf 4 right?... might wanna fix that in your sig.

~Adam

I need to update my sig - I don't even have that card in my system anymore anyway. Thanks anyway.

Back