Can someone recommend a solid 22-24in 1080p monitor?

big_aug

2[H]4U
My Samsung 2333t is dying. The backlight is shot I think. It only works with the brightness set all the way on 0.

I need a replacement. I play games (FPS, RPG, etc), but I don't need the absolute best. I just want something that will be solid and dependable. I'm trying to stay in the $150 range. I'll be buying from Amazon as I have quite a bit of credit there.

Any recommendations?

At $150 you are sort of limited as to choices there. The 23" IPS Dell S series would be a decent choice, if you are okay with glossy, but it is has some overshoot problems. If you aren't very picky regarding ghosting, I guess it could be an option. I have seen them go for about $160ish.

There are VA options around that price range, but VA may not be so great for gaming.

Otherwise it may have to be a TN panel.

At $150 you are sort of limited as to choices there. The 23" IPS Dell S series would be a decent choice, if you are okay with glossy, but it is has some overshoot problems. If you aren't very picky regarding ghosting, I guess it could be an option. I have seen them go for about $160ish.

There are VA options around that price range, but VA may not be so great for gaming.

Otherwise it may have to be a TN panel.

Well, I'm using a Samsung 2333t right now. I'm pretty sure it's a TN panel.

Afraid someone else would have to recommend a TN panel ... I don't use them myself.

If it was me, I'd spend a bit more and get an IPS instead.

Afraid someone else would have to recommend a TN panel ... I don't use them myself.

If it was me, I'd spend a bit more and get an IPS instead.

Well, since I'm already using one and perfectly satisfied, I'll go with that.

This is a bad place to get recommendations lol

This is a bad place to get recommendations lol

It's not that. It's filled with connoisseurs. If you are geeked out on display's you don't get TN matrix's unless they have 120Hz or some other tech reason. It's like touring Bordeaux with a bottle of Chuck Shaw under your arm. "So what, this get's me drunk just fine".

It's not that. It's filled with connoisseurs. If you are geeked out on display's you don't get TN matrix's unless they have 120Hz or some other tech reason. It's like touring Bordeaux with a bottle of Chuck Shaw under your arm. "So what, this get's me drunk just fine".

That's what I meant. I just couldn't think of the way to say it at the time.

The 2333T uses a C-PVA panel. It has not been out for 3 years so it should still be under warranty, if you have the receipt you can send it into Samsung.

The BenQ gw245 should be a good replacement, as would the samsung s24a650

The 2333T uses a C-PVA panel. It has not been out for 3 years so it should still be under warranty, if you have the receipt you can send it into Samsung.

The BenQ gw245 should be a good replacement, as would the samsung s24a650

Thanks.

I bought it used here on Hard. I got a solid 2 years out of it for like $100, so I can't complain. I'll check out those monitors.

Back