can someone recommend a software to split FLAC as well as WAV files

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
say I have a very large FLAC or WAV file, and I want to cut it in a few separate FLAC file. Is there any software to do it? I have Nero 2010 that has a sound editor, but haven't try that yet. Preferably, something like split a FLAC file into smaller files, this kind of software should have some freeware out there for it? anyone?

Did it come with a CUE, M3U, or other kind of playlist file? If so, I think I've used foobar2000 to load the playlist, which would then allow me to skip to separate tracks in that large file. From there, I could then export/convert each track separately.

Edit: Yeah, it's foobar2000. I have a large single WAV file that's a dump from a CD, it included a CUE file that I can drag into foobar to play the individual tracks. I can then select all tracks, right-click and use the Convert option to export each track in whatever formats are supported.

Did it come with a CUE, M3U, or other kind of playlist file? If so, I think I've used foobar2000 to load the playlist, which would then allow me to skip to separate tracks in that large file. From there, I could then export/convert each track separately.

Edit: Yeah, it's foobar2000. I have a large single WAV file that's a dump from a CD, it included a CUE file that I can drag into foobar to play the individual tracks. I can then select all tracks, right-click and use the Convert option to export each track in whatever formats are supported.

exactly what is the command you use to move each WAV file? as I try the COPY or MOVE cmd., that only move the entire GIANT WAV file, not individual file

I think flacon and CUE Splitter is good. I have used flacon but I also read bout CUE Splitter, it is also the best choice. You can go with any of them.

CUE splitter is really the best. But there is some rare bug. So I have seen 1 or 2 cases that CUE mis-interpret a regular song as 2 songs, and cut in half. So I have to re-burn that file. But overall, I stick w/ CUE splitter

exactly what is the command you use to move each WAV file? as I try the COPY or MOVE cmd., that only move the entire GIANT WAV file, not individual file
The Convert option appears to split it up. You'll have to select the output format, but it should then output the tracks to individual files. Make sure you set the file naming to something like %title% so it doesn't try to overwrite files. Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I just try CUE splitter and Foobar 2000, they can't edit the song duration. As I have a bad cue file that the song duration are all wrong. Trying to edit it, neither software let me

is there a good software that can edit song duration w/i a cue file

Last edited:
hihi audio people, if I have an error from 2 different software: "Unable to open item for playback (Ojbect not found)": H:\filename.cue" / index (no. 1 to 12)

and I got the above error at Foobar 2000 and Medieval CUe spliiter, what can I do? In other words, do you see anything wrong w/ this CUE file? Ignore the control chr., that's normal

PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
TITLE "°ÆÁãÒô˜·Õ“‰¯/94ÃÀµÄ»¯ÉíÑݳª•þ CD1"
FILE "ÖÜ»ÛÃô.94ÃÀµÄ»¯ÉíÑݳª»áCD1.ape" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Opening"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Medley:‘ÙÇúSha La la/¾×Öä/½èÍá "
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 00:51:00
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Å_ÏÂÅ®Ö÷½Ç"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 09:00:55
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Èç¹ûÄãÖªÎÒ¿àÖÔ"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 12:53:62
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "ÃÀÉÙÅ®‘ðÊ¿"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 18:59:25
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Cartoon Medley:ïhÁãÑà/¶£‡Ž/IQ²©Ê¿/ŽÌÃ泬ÈË"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 21:50:12
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "›]ÓÐÈËɵµÃÏñÎÒ"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 26:19:62
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "×Ô×÷¶àÇé"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 29:34:12
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "°VÐÄ“QÇéÉî"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 34:36:25
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Ô]¶¨µÄ½Y¾Ö"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 38:22:12
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "×îÛ"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 44:31:12
TRACK 12 AUDIO
TITLE "¿ÉÖªÎÒÏëËû"
PERFORMER "ÖÜ»ÛÃô"
REM DATE 1994
INDEX 01 49:20:62

Last edited:
Looks like the file has been saved in an incompatible character encoding and that may break the content.

Back