can someone recommend a software to split FLAC as well as WAV files

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
say I have a very large FLAC or WAV file, and I want to cut it in a few separate FLAC file. Is there any software to do it? I have Nero 2010 that has a sound editor, but haven't try that yet. Preferably, something like split a FLAC file into smaller files, this kind of software should have some freeware out there for it? anyone?

djoye

2[H]4U
Did it come with a CUE, M3U, or other kind of playlist file? If so, I think I've used foobar2000 to load the playlist, which would then allow me to skip to separate tracks in that large file. From there, I could then export/convert each track separately.

Edit: Yeah, it's foobar2000. I have a large single WAV file that's a dump from a CD, it included a CUE file that I can drag into foobar to play the individual tracks. I can then select all tracks, right-click and use the Convert option to export each track in whatever formats are supported.

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Did it come with a CUE, M3U, or other kind of playlist file? If so, I think I've used foobar2000 to load the playlist, which would then allow me to skip to separate tracks in that large file. From there, I could then export/convert each track separately.

Edit: Yeah, it's foobar2000. I have a large single WAV file that's a dump from a CD, it included a CUE file that I can drag into foobar to play the individual tracks. I can then select all tracks, right-click and use the Convert option to export each track in whatever formats are supported.

exactly what is the command you use to move each WAV file? as I try the COPY or MOVE cmd., that only move the entire GIANT WAV file, not individual file

I think flacon and CUE Splitter is good. I have used flacon but I also read bout CUE Splitter, it is also the best choice. You can go with any of them.

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
CUE splitter is really the best. But there is some rare bug. So I have seen 1 or 2 cases that CUE mis-interpret a regular song as 2 songs, and cut in half. So I have to re-burn that file. But overall, I stick w/ CUE splitter