can someone help me with Leadtek A400GT ??

wickfut

Limp Gawd
I have recently purchased a Winfast A400 GT card at a PC fair.
It has the same circuit board as the A400 GT (doesnt have the extra silver round things like the standard a400) , says A400 GT on the bios/software but the actual card just has the standard A400 heatsink and logo

I emailed realtek about this and didnt get much of a response from them , they told me to download Everest Profesional and see how many pipes where available. they never aknowledged or denied that they actually made a GT model with a single slot heatsink

anyway - i downloaded the prog and here are the specs , can someone confirm to me that this is a GT model please ....

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (Leadtek WinFast ?????)
GPU Code Name NV40
PCI Device 10DE / 0045
Transistors 222 million
Process Technology 0.13u
Bus Type AGP
Memory Size 32 MB
GPU Clock 2 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 16
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 6 (v3.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v3.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 32 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 32 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR3
Bus Width 256-bit

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:
Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=products
Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/drivers

temps hit 55C idle and about 71C full load with stock settings , also the prog seems to only find 32meg memory but the boot counts to 256meg ?

thanks in advance :)

Looks like a GT to me but you're right about the 32 MB thing, a little weird...

ok , the plot thickens a bit here ..

i tried to update to the new winfast A400 GT bios and the winfox bios update wouldnt let me do it, though it would let me do the standard A400 bios (i never actually updated the bios though - i just checked)

so i have a card that looks like a A400 , shows up on the pc as a A400 GT , wont let me update the bios to an A400 GT bios but will let me update to a A400 bios.
the card has 16 pipelines working (or so some program says) and uses the 351/1001 clock frequencies ??

have i got a GT or not? have i purchased a card that someone has hacked a bios on a standard A400 and turned it to GT status ?

are there any other differences other than the speeds and the pipelines?

Don't buy expensive video cards from pc fairs. Secondly, both my a400gts are single slot most sites use the pic of an ultra.. its only one pci bracket, if I get what your saying..

sounds strange ... especially that issue with the 32 mb ram ?! ... i have a Winfast A400 GT too ... so why don't you post you system specs and run e.g. a timedemo in d3 with special settings:

for comparison:
d3 16x12, high qual., vsync off, noAA
-> 57 fps (2nd run, timedemo1)

see my sig for sys-specs ... what i will say is: when you really have only 32 mb ram on your video card you shouldn't be able to run d3 at high qual. cause it uses every meg on your card ...

Back