Can someone explain what happened to me.

TeeJay88

Limp Gawd
Ok i removed one of my hard drives from my main rig to put into my server as its only hdd, so its being used for os install. this drive had win vista as a back up on it. i didnt touch my main hard drive with win7 on it. so i installed over over pre existing win vista stall as i had a large amount of media i wanted to keep but didnt have time to backup. so all goes well, but after the first restart i did, it gives me an option to boot to win7, and i was like what the hell, this drive never had win7 on it. so i tried to boot win7 to see, but i got some hex error, with some message ive now forgot. so msconfig and delete that boot selection, but when i turned on my main rig, the drive with win7 on it no longer saw an os, but instead told me to insert disc with bootable media, so wtf mate, i made sure teh drives were hooked up properly, again nothing, so i had to reformat(lost my most recent borderlands save, but its not like ill play that with l4d2 out now), reinstall. so if you understood my babble, any answers would be great.

little side not: get a pico psu with a lian li PC-q07, i wish i did.

Similar thing happened to me with the Windows 7 Beta: Windows 7 accidentally installed the boot loader on the second drive rather than the primary or C: drive. You didn't have to reformat actually. Just rebuilding the or creating a new bootloader would have fixed that issue.

Yeah, use the disk, go to repair console, then type in fdisk mbr, or at least that WAS the command, dunno if it still is.

Back