Can someone crop+cleanup this picture?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
First off, yes, it was professionally taken about 2 years ago. However, it was done at a quick in-and-out studio; the picture was taken, prints were ordered/printed, and that was that. There's no way to get more copies of this, because the studio that took the picture deleted the source files after 6 months.

So, I've scanned the largest copy I have. Here is what came off the scanner:

image1.jpg

If a kind soul could crop it and clean up the scratches, I would very much appreciate it.

To what extent do you want it cropped? Also, it would be better for this process if you scan it and post a link to a lossless format unlike JPGs.

I agree save it as a tiff and post a link to the file. Youa re already a step behind compressing to jpeg.

Also - clean the scanner glass first !! That will save a lot of tiny specs to remove.

Well - given what I had to work with I went ahead and did a cleanup on it anyhow. I do this stuff here at work for a living and I've had a LOT worse source images to work with so I gave it a go. Not my best work but not bad for a freebie quickie.

Removed - if it's not appreciated or desired then don't ask for help like this.

Sure - this is my method and opinion - not necessarily the best methods or the methods that other will agree with. First thing is I make any overall adjustments needed like exposure, shadow/highlight, contrast, sharpening, etc that are needed. Next come the cleanup work. I generally do the majority of this part with the healing brush this gives texture to the patched areas and in my opinion gives me the best results. This is the most time consuming part for me as I go through the entire image first with a larger brush taking care of edges, and larger defects. Then I zoom into 200 or 300% zoom level and then go over the entire image again with a much smaller brush. Once this part is done I may make some additional overall adjustments to the entire image. Last step - I crop the image.

Sort of a simplified fast run through but covers the tools I use and the steps I take. Just not into a lot of detail on tool settings and whatnot.

Wow - no replies from Inorganic. I even sent him a PM which was read and not replied to. Guess he's not interested. I'll remove the edited version I made for him.

Back