Can someone check these timings for me...

HeadRusch

[H]ard|Gawd
Guys, I run a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 along with an 8700k that runs at 5ghz (kinda...not sure if that's all cores or just the single one to be brutally honest) just by manually changing the multiplier and letting the Gigabyte board do the figuring-out by enabling "Turbo" (but not extreme) profile in the "let gigabyte handle it and maybe over volt/throttle your CPU" MB options.

I digress, I only had one issue over the past couple years of ownership, sometimes Firefox of all things would cause the occasional freeze or blue screen/dump, and once in awhile a game would cause a problem...but it was rare, and I noticed it was UWP games like Forza 3...which was flaky to begin with, but then Gears 4 did it as well. I did a little snooping around online and forced my RAM voltage (with XMP Profile turned on) to 1.4v and magically the problems I was experiencing went away.

I run a 1080 Ti also overclocked......I figure I'm close to max real-world performance on this build at this point, I might be able to get higher numbers in synthetic benchmarks but, you know, it's all on paper.

However...I figured it was time to ask the experts here if my RAM is doing anything that might be costing me frames in any games.

CPUZ is reporting the following:
16gb
NB Frequency: 4202.1mhz
DRAM Freq:2001.1Mhz
FSB:DRAM 1:30 (!!?!?!) - This just feels odd....but I honestly don't know, I remember the good old 1:1 Celeron/p5 days)
CL is at 19
21, 21, tRas is 41 and RFC at 700...CR is at 2T.

Am I about at parity on this ram and would tweaking it at this point matter in anything real-world besides the occasional benchmark, wanted to check with the Elders here for guidance. Leave it alone or tweak, tweak, tweak...?

Thanks in Advance.

You may be able to get another 5-10% to CPU performance in latency sensitive programs by tweaking it further.
You can test for games with AIDA64 and 3dmark TimeSpy physics.
Although TimeSpy may see gains less than half what you will get in some games at least it is a fairly consistent test.

tRFC can typically run closer to 300
By increasing vdimm to ~1.45v you can probably tighten primary timings down to ~17

There is a excellent memory overclocking guide here if you want to fine tune further.
DDR4 OC Guide

GSAT is a excellent quick RAM stability test that it would be good to run before booting into windows after changing settings as unstable RAM can corrupt you OS install.
GSAT (Google Stressful Application Test) on a tiny bootable Linux ISO!

Use the DRAM calc to run HCI memtest to test for stability when done as it also tests Memory controller stability heavily unlike GSAT which mostly focuses on RAM.
DRAM Calculator

There is some great user info here.
Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread
And here.
AMD Ryzen DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread

Last edited:
Just FYI

From the ram testing software test i ran. the best options for ram stability testing is metest86 (booted in uefi mode to get multithreading support) and Prime95 blend mode (running in windows did not test other OS versions)

Back