Can only access BIOS via DVI

ClockerXP

Gawd
Howdy-
My son's PC is an Asrock x470 Gaming K4 with EVGA 1070 FTW and 2700x (no integrated graphics).

Initially he had a single LG monitor connected via DisplayPort. He found an old Hannspree 20" monitor I had in the basement and was excited to set it up for multi-monitor so he could have Discord ect going on a separate screen. The monitor was old so we had to connect it via DVI.

The setup works great. Problem is, I can only access the BIOS of the motherboard through the old monitor via DVI.

If the DVI monitor is completely disconnected & only the Display Port monitor present, I cannot see/access the BIOS screen on the Displayport monitor. The screen does not even wake up.

Any way to force the system to use the DisplayPort monitor instead of the DVI Port when accessing the BIOS?

update the bios to the latest version. why does it matter what monitor the bios shows up on? set it up once and be done with it.

the DP monitor may not support whatever goofy resolution the bios is in. seen this with various different connections and bioses. try and update like suggested.

The BIOS was originally set up with the DP monitor- so it should have no issues with resolution. It just seems I'm stuck with using the DVI monitor when I want to try out different BIOS settings. We frequently remove the DVI monitor for desk space reasons (i.e.homework) so it's a minor inconvenience I'd like to resolve if possible. I can try reflashing the bios but I already have the latest.

Back