Can my computer support the GeForce 1080 GTX Graphics Card?

Check the pcpartpicker link, it sends to the newegg GPU list.

Anyway.. if its a high quality 500W PSU you should be fine with any modern system, you just have to be carefull with overclocks on overall system.

What resolution are you planing to game at?.. about the topic you will be fine.. no issues with the power supply however, that CPU may not he the wisest choice (are you under specific budget?) As it represent from small to huge bottleneck to a GTX 1080 GPU depending on the game specially since you can't overclock that CPU.

Holy crap the cost of 1080s over there is insane.

Dunno if you can find one, but I HIGHLY suggest you try to grab a GTX 1070 Ti.. It is a bit of a better balance for your build, and costs far less.. Seems to be well sold out though..

To answer the Q, the PSU is fine. But I'd really consider 1070/1070 ti if you're at 1080p..

There's no reason to buy an i5-7600 right now, especially at $209. I'd look for a i5-8400 and just bite the bullet and get a z370.

I'd also echo the 1070 comments. At 1080p, there's no need for a 1080 GTX.

Oh, this card will be mostly for bitcoin mining. The build was back from last April and I just finally bought a gfx card.

You guys do realize he already built that system, right? He's asking if that system (that he already has) can support a 1080 GTX.

The answer to that question is yes. However, as others have stated I would look at the 1070 Ti instead.

Just noticed the OP's new post.

Bitcoin mining on GPUs hasn't been a thing for a couple years now. Maybe you mean some other cryptocurrency coin you plan to mine with it?

Yup, using Nicehash to mine other crypto and be paid in bitcoin. I have a 1060 gtx 6gb currently and I heard the payback period is the same with ether card based on output so I figure go with the more expensive card for the upside after the card is paid back. I would only use one of the cards.

I have 1920x1080 resolution and may game in the future but the card is mostly for crypto mining for now.

i do find the video where jayztwocents is checking out bottlenecks by cpu very informative and interesting. he had to go far down the list for the 1080ti he was checking for cpu bottlenecks, obv. better cpu's would mean more fps but not heavily bottlenecked. for mining cpu is kind of irellevant if u dont cpu mine. u need insane set ups for bitcoin mining, u need like a farm to turn profit now so no point :D mine ETC or ETH... id go with ETC personally. As if something like bitcoin happens to it u will be loaded, and it earns same as ETH does now. I dont know how it will turn out when it goes PoS. But ppl will stop minning it. Either way a amd card, rx 470/570 2x is better then a 1080 by miles anyway.

im rocking a GTX 1080 hybrid cooler at 2100mhz and +450 on memory and a Ryzen [email protected] on a 450w corsair gold SFX. Your psu will be fine

Back