Can I use my Windows wireless keyboard & mouse bluetooth for a ps4 controller?

johnnyscience

Limp Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It should work fine. There are plenty of writeups on the internet that describe how to get the PS4 controller working via BT. I wouldn't think you'd need a separate BT adapter for the controller.

So how do I take control of that bluetooth?

Would the controller just automatically see it when I turned it on and tried to sync it?

Looking under Device Manager I see:

Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Detection Driver (USB)

I'm currently on windows 7 but will be upgrading to windows 10 here really soon before I do this.

Google is your friend. Here's what I found:
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use-a-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pc

Bluetooth​

To pair the DualShock 4 to your PC over Bluetooth, you need to turn the controller off and force it into pairing mode. If it's wirelessly connected to your PS4, hold down the PlayStation button for a few seconds and select Sound/Devices, then Turn Off DualShock 4. If the light bar isn't on, you're good to go.

With the DualShock 4 turned off, hold down the PlayStation and Share buttons for three seconds until the light bar starts double flashing. This means it's in Bluetooth pairing mode. Right-click on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray and click Add a Bluetooth Device. Select Wireless Controller and wait for it to pair.

I seem to be having issues with the dongle seeing this PS4 controller, or even a bluetooth headset I was trying to pair

So I'm going to assume there is something going on with the dongle

Do I in fact need a separate bluetooth dongle for this? Or can I somehow force the microsoft one to pair to other bluetooth devices?

I'm inside of WIndows Settings>Devices>Add Device>Bluetooth and it scans but sees nothing

Perhaps the dongle for the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse is a wifi dongle and not bluetooth? How can I tell?

So I've come to find out the dongle that comes with my microsoft keyboard and mouse is wifi & not blutooth. So I'm going to order a BT dongle and try connecting again. Someone also suggested a program called DS4windows if I'm still having issues.

I'll post again if I'm continuing to have issues.

Back