Can I use my Windows wireless keyboard & mouse bluetooth for a ps4 controller?

johnnyscience

Limp Gawd

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
It should work fine. There are plenty of writeups on the internet that describe how to get the PS4 controller working via BT. I wouldn't think you'd need a separate BT adapter for the controller.

johnnyscience

Limp Gawd
So how do I take control of that bluetooth?

Would the controller just automatically see it when I turned it on and tried to sync it?

Looking under Device Manager I see:

Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Detection Driver (USB)

I'm currently on windows 7 but will be upgrading to windows 10 here really soon before I do this.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Google is your friend. Here's what I found:
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use-a-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pc

Bluetooth​

To pair the DualShock 4 to your PC over Bluetooth, you need to turn the controller off and force it into pairing mode. If it's wirelessly connected to your PS4, hold down the PlayStation button for a few seconds and select Sound/Devices, then Turn Off DualShock 4. If the light bar isn't on, you're good to go.

With the DualShock 4 turned off, hold down the PlayStation and Share buttons for three seconds until the light bar starts double flashing. This means it's in Bluetooth pairing mode. Right-click on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray and click Add a Bluetooth Device. Select Wireless Controller and wait for it to pair.

johnnyscience

Limp Gawd
I seem to be having issues with the dongle seeing this PS4 controller, or even a bluetooth headset I was trying to pair

So I'm going to assume there is something going on with the dongle

Do I in fact need a separate bluetooth dongle for this? Or can I somehow force the microsoft one to pair to other bluetooth devices?

I'm inside of WIndows Settings>Devices>Add Device>Bluetooth and it scans but sees nothing

Perhaps the dongle for the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse is a wifi dongle and not bluetooth? How can I tell?

johnnyscience

Limp Gawd
So I've come to find out the dongle that comes with my microsoft keyboard and mouse is wifi & not blutooth. So I'm going to order a BT dongle and try connecting again. Someone also suggested a program called DS4windows if I'm still having issues.

I'll post again if I'm continuing to have issues.