Can I use a OEM builder key on my Lenovo?

Hanakuso

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have 3 Lenovos with Windows 8 and I want to change to Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro. It seems the OEM builder licenses are the cheapest route. Is my idea possible?

color me clueless but "Huh?"
are you buying the licenses seperate? If so than I don't see why it wouldn't work, just be sure to check to see if there's win 7 drivers for everything in the system.

color me clueless but "Huh?"
are you buying the licenses seperate? If so than I don't see why it wouldn't work, just be sure to check to see if there's win 7 drivers for everything in the system.
I believe I need to buy the licenses separate or upgrade and that's why I want to know if OEM keys work.

I basically bought 3 Lenovos because they were very cheap, but I need the Windows Pro features

Technically the "OEM Builder" licenses are for computer systems manufacturers/builders that resell computers (in the TOS for that license)--not for the regular consumer's home use. But no one is going to stop you, I can attest to this from experience. ;) Last I knew, you also had to buy the systems-builder licenses 3 at a time. But I don't know if that's still the case.

Microsoft has an upgrade just for this. It's called the Anytime Upgrade in 7 and Pro Pack in 8.

Back