Can I upgrade my IBM Z61T from T2600 - T7400 ?

fenderltd

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2007
Is this possible and if anyone knows really how hard this will be. I have put ram into the unit before no problem. Thanks in advance

I think it's perfectly doable, given you have some thermal paste handy with you. Make sure you also have the latest BIOS installed.

Why you doing this upgrade? It's cheaper to buy a notebook with the right CPU than purchase an upgrade.

From what I have read it is possible as long as you have the latest bios installed. I know that I can do it on my T60p. I would check the thinkpads.com forums. They are an excellent source for any thinkpad info. They are at http://forum.thinkpads.com

As everyone else said, install the lastest bios and your good. Make sure as you take it apart, you remember/label where everything went. Nothing like having a bunch of parts sitting infront of you and trying to get them to all go back together. Definitely easier then replacing the motherboard though.

I would like to upgrade to a newer nice 4MB cache core 2 :) I am very handy, but just wanted to make sure the chip would work. I love this laptop Z61T and I love it :) Just affraid it might BURN up:p

Back