Can I sync to Box and another cloud sync provider at the same time?

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
All of the files that I choose on my MacBook are synced to Box at work. I have many personal files in the Box cloud, and I would like to purchase a second cloud sync service to allow me to keep my personal files.

Is there any problem running two sync services at the same time?

I really like Box, but I want to use a different cloud service since I foresee problems running Box twice at the same time. That would be problematic.

Can you recommend a great cloud service with sync ability like Box?

Thanks!

Box works great for me, but it is provided by my employer.

Can I sync my files to two clouds at the same time?

I'd imagine something like Onedrive or vice versa you could just make your sync location to the other provider the actual file system path of the main cloud sync apps local folders? I haven't tried this, but i suppose it would be worth a shot.

I don't see why not...just uses additional bandwidth.

I've used OneDrive and DropBox on the same machine before with no issues.

Other than those two, you could try Google Drive.

I ended up purchasing a sync plan from Spider Oak. They have a great reputation for privacy. And I also backed up everything in a one-time snap shot to Amazon cloud. I have some really precious documents that I cannot lose. Thus I backed up everything twice.

My company iuses a software called "Sky Sync", which allows synchronization between our BOX (secure sharing) and our SharePoint (accessible internally only) environments. It can sync across multiple storage providers, but might be a bit overkill for personal usage.

I know when we were also looking at trying to implement Amazon's own EFS Sync, we were not able to due to NAS version requirements (nothing prior to NFSv4.1 ) of the EFS Sync tool.

Back