can i run multiple chkdsk for different hdd at the same time (all of them are external via usb)

oldy

Weaksauce
hello

first of a clarification : i dont know programming or advance networking only basic computer stuff so please answer the Q as simple as possible and a specify details for why and how is fine too

i need to chkdsk multiple disk of empty used 6 tb nas HDDs i am selling (few dozens) and the buys as you know are impatient and want there drive fast

i have a 4 bay hdd enclosure connected to pc via usb3

can i do complete /f /r /x tests on 4 drives at the same time

will that effect the quality of the test (i gave my buyers a generous warranty time and actually want them to have them as long as possible)

i didnt do it yet but i am testing a single drive at the moment ant it take 10 hours to complete (thought it would be 3 hours max!!) that mean alot of days and i cant afford that (but i am also determent to give the buyer a good drives for both of our sake)

thank you and i hope to get a reply because i dont know what to do next

Yes, you can run them simultaneously with no negative impact :).
thats a relief

so no time penalty ether ? (ex. instead of 10 hour for 1 drive it became 15 hour per drive for 4 drive) or something like that

No, there shouldn't be any time penalty.
sorry for the multiple Q but do you think this the best route for a beginner like me to prep his drives to there best (fixing small issues if there are any) before selling

or is there another way ?

Back