can I run GTX260 SLI or 4870 xfire on CM 750w?

Imitation

2[H]4U
So I've got the Cooler master Real power pro 750w. It's been a solid psu since I've had it, but I'm thinking of upgrading here soon and there's a chance GTX260 SLI or 4870xfire could be in the cards at some point. This psu has 2 cables, both have an 8pin PCI-E AND a 6-pin on a single line. So 2 connectors per line, can use both connectors on each line or is it one or the other? Anyone have any ideas?

H review: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM2MiwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

easily. i have that very same psu and it ran 4870 512 cf without issue. i'm sure it can run gtx 260 sli just as competently. i wish i could give you a definitive 'yes' on the sli but i lent out my second 260 to a friend.

easily. i have that very same psu and it ran 4870 512 cf without issue. i'm sure it can run gtx 260 sli just as competently. i wish i could give you a definitive 'yes' on the sli but i lent out my second 260 to a friend.

So I take you just went out and bought converters for the 8pin plugs ot make them 6pin?

i took a hack saw and whittled that bit of plastic down to the base of the plug. on the 4870 cards the 2 extra pins poke off to the side, but for 260 sli i would have to use the adapters.
the image isn't of the 4870 or the real power pro psu, but it'll give you an idea of what i've done
P1010184.jpg

Dang, mine definitely didn't come with 8pin to 6pin converters. Oh well, now that I know it will be ok I won't be shopping for a new psu, thanks for saving me some dough!

Back