Can i reset my IP to becoming a new user to sites that have blocked my devices, and IP without them ever getting wise?

I was recently, and wrongfully banned from my Google account. My innocent family right alongside me. My appeal was denied, and its clear to me now that if I want a Google account I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands. I'm not going to except a lifelong ban over some nonsense. Even killers are up for parole in 25 years for crying out loud.

I don't want to use a VPN so I'll get a new external ip from my ISP. Then I'll factory reset all my devices giving them new device id's. Than I'll create a new fresh Google account with a new phone number from a friend that doesn't have Google. All my devices will appear new, I'll never log into one of the old banned accounts again to avoid association, and in addition to my new external IP it should work, but I'm no expert. Is this enough to be safe from Google ever realizing I'm the same person? Does Google use other underhanded methods I need to safe gaurd against?

Please help me. And if someone working for Google is reading this please have a heart and forget that you read this.

Edit: there seems to be a misunderstanding. I understand that my old account is forever gone. The above text pertains to creating a new account, as a new user without Google noticing, and banning that new account also.

Last edited:
I really don't know how Google would ban you except if you try to log in.

I really don't know how Google would ban you except if you try to log in.
Do you mean if i log into an old account with a new ip? Or do you mean if I log into a newly made account after I've done what I listed in my original comment? If it's the latter please explain.

When you get permanently banned from just about anywhere where login is required, you're not going to be able to login ever again with the same username and password or you may be able to login just to see a "Your account is banned" message or login and not be able to use any of your account features. You need to create a different account. It is possible that being banned does not prevent you from using some of your Google account features, such as getting a copy of all your information. If you can't access any banned Google account information, then request Google to provide you a copy of all your information. I think companies are now required to do that by law, but I don't know where to make such a request (aside from Google account settings)...You can try to get a paid-for Google service, like Google Fi (Project Fi) and then you can gain access to Google tech support (chat or email) to plead for reinstatement of your old account or at least getting a copy of all information from your old account. I don't know of any other way to reach out to Google support. New IP's, device ID', etc. won't help you.

I can definitely see how being banned can be a problem if your Google account included your primary email address and it was a Gmal address. Even with a new account and email, many places/forums/social media that require login information won't be able to update your information with new email address without using your old (banned) one to verify your identity. That is why I recommend creating a new Google account using a non-Gmail address. I endorse Tutanota and ProtonMail, but you can use Hotmail or any other non-Gmail email service. With a Google account and non-Gmail primary email address, being banned again doesn't include losing your email service.

P.S. I prefer Tutanota because it has a Open Source version that does not rely on Google Mobile Services to push/pull emails when you use Android devices. Tutanota uses its own service.

When you get permanently banned from just about anywhere where login is required, you're not going to be able to login ever again with the same username and password or you may be able to login just to see a "Your account is banned" message or login and not be able to use any of your account features. You need to create a different account. It is possible that being banned does not prevent you from using some of your Google account features, such as getting a copy of all your information. If you can't access any banned Google account information, then request Google to provide you a copy of all your information. I think companies are now required to do that by law, but I don't know where to make such a request (aside from Google account settings)...You can try to get a paid-for Google service, like Google Fi (Project Fi) and then you can gain access to Google tech support (chat or email) to plead for reinstatement of your old account or at least getting a copy of all information from your old account. I don't know of any other way to reach out to Google support. New IP's, device ID', etc. won't help you.

I can definitely see how being banned can be a problem if your Google account included your primary email address and it was a Gmal address. Even with a new account and email, many places/forums/social media that require login information won't be able to update your information with new email address without using your old (banned) one to verify your identity. That is why I recommend creating a new Google account using a non-Gmail address. I endorse Tutanota and ProtonMail, but you can use Hotmail or any other non-Gmail email service. With a Google account and non-Gmail primary email address, being banned again doesn't include losing your email service.

P.S. I prefer Tutanota because it has a Open Source version that does not rely on Google Mobile Services to push/pull emails when you use Android devices. Tutanota uses its own service.
Thank you very much for the information.
If it's not too much trouble could you please explain why new IP's, device ID's, etc. won't allow me to use a different separate Google account to circumvent the ban? How would Google know it was me, and not an actual legitimate brand new user?

LOL the hardforums are not a resource to help you in this context. Getting banned from google...did you Edward Snowden them or something???

Just avoid google and move on I can't imagine their services are really required in your life.

If your account is banned, it's banned. You can't login to it from another device and magically get it, that's not how this works... that's not how any of this works.

That account is gone unless you can appeal it through legitimate means.

Reactions: Farva
like this
If your account is banned, it's banned. You can't login to it from another device and magically get it, that's not how this works... that's not how any of this works.

Don't feed a sub 10 post account troll ffs. It signed up to troll.

I know this. I'm talking about creating a new account without Google realizing its me.

I know this. I'm talking about creating a new account without Google realizing its me.

Why does that matter? Anyone who is banned can just create a new one, you don't have to jump through hoops. You go to Google and create an account, all done.

I don't think you understand how Google does fingerprinting.

GL HF DD
You're right I don't. Which is why I'm asking for information, and advice on how to create a new account without Google realizing I'm not actually a new user.

Why does that matter? Anyone who is banned can just create a new one, you don't have to jump through hoops. You go to Google and create an account, all done.
If you do that Google will read your IP, and device ID, and your new account will also get perma-banned.

Can you prove that?
No...I thought it was common knowledge that service providers will blacklist ID's, and IP's to prevent banned people from coming back with new accounts. Are you saying I'm completely wrong? Because I'd love to be wrong about that.

Last edited:
You will need to give more context into why you were banned.
It's nothing illegal, harmful, or malicious if that's what You're worried about. My account had over 10,000 comments, no videos uploaded, apps, games. Nothing ground breaking. I honestly have no idea what specific rules i broke because of this. All Google says is "repeated violations" with no context. I never even got any warnings. Just a sudden shocking perma-ban. I'm sure something on my account must have ruffled some feathers, but I'm completely confused at to what it could be. I talked to my family about it, and they Can't remember saying, or doing something worthy of a ban.

I'd be so incredibly grateful if you had any valuable information to help me.

Last edited:
I was recently, and wrongfully banned from my Google account. My innocent family right alongside me.

I too am very curious about why you got banned. You say "wrongfully banned" but at the same time have avoided elaborating on that. Makes me think that maybe it's not as "wrongful" as you want to believe it is.

Personally, I'd like to know more about what effects this had on your family. Did they all use your google account, or did they have separate accounts that also get banned simply because they accessed their accounts from the same IP address as you did? If it's the latter, I would be very disappointed with google, as there are many cases where separate users might share the same IP (roommates, etc) and it's kind of crazy to think that someone else in the same building could be banned for no other reason than sharing the same public IP address. People should not be held responsible for the actions of others just because they share the same public IP address. That would be like sending everyone in a household to prison any time one of them commits a crime.

And it does highlight how creepy it's getting as some of these tech monopolies become ever more powerful, where our lives increasingly force us to become more and more subservient to organizations that are not controlled at all by any democratic process and you have no method to appeal when they basically do whatever they want, even though in some cases their actions can literally ruin people's lives.

I too am very curious about why you got banned. You say "wrongfully banned" but at the same time have avoided elaborating on that. Makes me think that maybe it's not as "wrongful" as you want to believe it is.

Personally, I'd like to know more about what effects this had on your family. Did they all use your google account, or did they have separate accounts that also get banned simply because they accessed their accounts from the same IP address as you did? If it's the latter, I would be very disappointed with google, as there are many cases where separate users might share the same IP (roommates, etc) and it's kind of crazy to think that someone else in the same building could be banned for no other reason than sharing the same public IP address. People should not be held responsible for the actions of others just because they share the same public IP address. That would be like sending everyone in a household to prison any time one of them commits a crime.

And it does highlight how creepy it's getting as some of these tech monopolies become ever more powerful, where our lives increasingly force us to become more and more subservient to organizations that are not controlled at all by any democratic process and you have no method to appeal when they basically do whatever they want, even though in some cases their actions can literally ruin people's lives.
It's nothing illegal, harmful, or malicious if that's what You're worried about. My account had over 10,000 comments, no videos uploaded, apps, games. Nothing ground breaking. I honestly have no idea what specific rules i broke because of this. All Google says is "repeated violations" with no context. I never even got any warnings. Just a sudden shocking perma-ban. I'm sure something on my account must have ruffled some feathers, but I'm completely confused at to what it could be. I talked to my family about it, and they Can't remember saying, or doing something worthy of a ban.

I'd be so incredibly grateful if you had any valuable information to help me.
To add to that I apologies for possibly not seeming genuine. But the horrible truth is I'm desperate, depressed, frustrated, and regretful. Specifically regretful that i didn't pay more attention. Maybe i could have prevented this if i was watching activity closer. But I can't get caught up in should haves, so I'm reaching out here.

No...I thought it was common knowledge that service providers will blacklist ID's, and IP's to prevent banned people from coming back with new accounts. Are you saying I'm completely wrong? Because I'd love to be wrong about that.

It is common knowledge that you can get IP banned, but I'm nearly certain that's not the case here. If it were, simply getting a new IP from your ISP (DHCP releases, other methods) and your back in business.

All that is overkill though because you still haven't just gone to google.com, signed up for an account and reported back.

Unless you're not telling is something you need to realize THAT account was banned not you as a person.

Seriously... https://accounts.google.com/signup?hl=en

You're overthinking this to an extreme that's causing people to think you're trolling.

It's hard to guess if that will work or not without knowing what got you banned. You seem to indicate you know what you did so you be the judge.

At this point the advice given by other members is the best you'll get. A. Try making a new account and avoid doing what ever you did. B. Use a different service and avoid doing what ever you did. C. Make and maintain your own mail server.

Thank you very much for the information.
If it's not too much trouble could you please explain why new IP's, device ID's, etc. won't allow me to use a different separate Google account to circumvent the ban? How would Google know it was me, and not an actual legitimate brand new user?

Getting new IP, clearing all cookies, etc. can allow you to create a new account with new information (username, password), not get the old one back. I don't know whether Google now requires you to use a mobile phone to get SMS/Call authentication. If it does and your old account contains your mobile number, then just use someone else's (with their permission of course). If you manage to get all your info from the old account, you can import a bunch of it into the new one.

Generally, I suggest to stay away from Google. Aside from the search engine quality, Google's services can be easily with replaced with more private ones of equivalent quality and mostly for free:
- Email - ProtonMail and/or Tutanota
- File Hosting - MEGA
- App Store - F-Droid
- Communication App - Signal, Telegram (F-Droid/FOSS version), WhatsApp
- Maps - something from F-Droid, but I use Sygic, which isn't free
- Phone OS - GrapheneOS or even LineageOS without Google Mobile Services

Google search engine still reigns supreme. DuckDuckGo is more private, but nowhere near as good at finding what you're looking for.

Getting new IP, clearing all cookies, etc. can allow you to create a new account with new information (username, password), not get the old one back. I don't know whether Google now requires you to use a mobile phone to get SMS/Call authentication. If it does and your old account contains your mobile number, then just use someone else's (with their permission of course). If you manage to get all your info from the old account, you can import a bunch of it into the new one.

Generally, I suggest to stay away from Google. Aside from the search engine quality, Google's services can be easily with replaced with more private ones of equivalent quality and mostly for free:
- Email - ProtonMail and/or Tutanota
- File Hosting - MEGA
- App Store - F-Droid
- Communication App - Signal, Telegram (F-Droid/FOSS version), WhatsApp
- Maps - something from F-Droid, but I use Sygic, which isn't free
- Phone OS - GrapheneOS or even LineageOS without Google Mobile Services

Google search engine still reigns supreme. DuckDuckGo is more private, but nowhere near as good at finding what you're looking for.
It depends on what you are looking for. Sometimes Google doesn't provide you with what you are looking for.

the horrible truth is I'm desperate, depressed, frustrated, and regretful.

It's really not worth being any of those things over a free internet service that monetizes you except maybe being a little frustrated at the initial inconvenience. As other posters here have shown there are plenty of alternatives. Google also isn't going to ban you from their search engine, and will still be happy to make money off your telemetry data and advertising. I'd bet there are even ways around the "ban" for devices you buy. It's possible, but I can't imagine they would blacklist a device if you went and bought a new Google or Android-based phone.

Some people are de-Googling their life by choice.

What can you be regretful of if you don't know what it was? If things are how you say, is this like the reverse cancel culture? You said something they don't agree with politically and they axed it. Uh-oh, half of us are in real trouble! :D

"my innocent family right alongside me"....umm didn't just your account get banned? Did all their accounts stop working as well? There is more than meets the eye in this post.

OP seemed to imply that everyone who got banned was using the same IP address. Of course that is not abnormal and there are plenty of circumstances where multiple people would use the same IP address. That is pretty far-reaching punishment if true, and if there is no appeal for those who were unjustly affected that is a problem, but does make you wonder what happened that would cause google to bring down that large of a ban hammer.

OP seemed to imply that everyone who got banned was using the same IP address. Of course that is not abnormal and there are plenty of circumstances where multiple people would use the same IP address. That is pretty far-reaching punishment if true, and if there is no appeal for those who were unjustly affected that is a problem, but does make you wonder what happened that would cause google to bring down that large of a ban hammer.
well you can have an ip blacklisted, but normally that is reserved for people running illegal websites out of their homes. If for example you're running an illegal streaming service, or hosting any other type of illegal material than that would cause someone to blacklist an IP address, but typically that is rare to happen to an average consumer.

No comments on the OP's handle either? any rate, I'm curious to see where this goes. I was once banned by Punkbuster for something called a pbhack, which I didn't know anything about. Appeared to be a false positive. Turned into a perm ban from the game, kinda ridiculous considering I've never done anything that could be considered cheating, and generally despise cheaters. I have little respect for "anti cheat" now after that experience. So its entirely possible that mr "notbadatall" is actually not bad, or maybe he is, certainly appears to be withholding info.

I cant think of anything he could have accidentally done to get banned. He has to know exactly what he did...

The OP has gone dark guys. He went way overboard on what he thought he had to do, meanwhile he had to go to google.com and make a new account.

Right, and not do whatever he did to get banned, ever again. Tough lessons kids.
I just wish he could have shared that lesson what exactly does one need to do to get their Google account deep sixed.

Reactions: travm
like this
I can't imagine Google bothers with IP bans. They know IP's change frequently. But they may keep track of the IP and your name together for manual review if they need to. That is, if they suspect a new account is yours and they see it's from the same IP they may re-ban.

I think it's safe to make a new account, but you probably won't be able to make a new account with your name on it though. I read a story about a guy who used to flip cars on eBay and he was banned. Like 12 years later he made a new account and was immediately re-banned. Point is, these companies do track names for a long time.

Just turn off your cable modem for a day or so and when you plug it back in you should have a new public IP. Just google "What's my IP" before and after to verify it changed. You could also call your ISP and ask them to release your DHCP and renew it with something different.

They wouldn't ban by IP. I get a new IP every so often. If they banned by IP, there'd be a LOT of people not able to log in. DHCP is still pretty big online. I could reboot my router and get a new IP.

Back