Can I really whinge about H/Z270 ITX options and dual monitors?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by AbRASiON, Jan 4, 2017.

1. AbRASiON

AbRASiON Limp Gawd

Why on EARTH are these idiot manufacturers putting only 2 video outs on the motherboards, or they are putting 2xHDMI on them? HDMI? WTF?

I have 2xDell 30" monitors 1xDell 24" monitors.
    Yeah I'm an "ITX guy" and honestly, I thought it was getting more popular?

My Asus H97i can totally drive 2 high end displays.
    Asus H170i same thing.

I can't believe this omission. If I want the latest motherboard in ITX form factor, I'm forced to buy a video card? I know I'm in the minority on that one for enthusiasts but I don't game anymore, but I do want a beefy-ish, cute little machine.

Man am I annoyed.
    Was really hoping to try Asrock for a change for the $$ savings, found the problem, then checked the others, pretty much every single company has screwed this up.

WHY 2 HDMI I'm still shocked, wtf?........

2. Bandalo

Bandalo [H]ard|Gawd

I don't understand your complaint. The Asus Z270 has an HDMI and a DP...I don't think I've seen any ITX boards with 3 digital video outs in a long time. Most full size boards don't have that feature either.

You should be able to chain 2 DP monitors if you have to, depending on which model Dell 30" you have.

3. AbRASiON

AbRASiON Limp Gawd

1x HDMI and 1xDP allows me to run 1 monitor at 4k and 1 monitor at 1080p.
    H170 boards from only 12 months ago support what I need 2 "high end" outputs (dual link DVI + DP or dual DP, or heck even 2x Dual link)
    this is a step back.

I have a Dell U3011

4. Quartz-1

Quartz-1 2[H]4U

If you look at NUC boards you typically get a HDMI port and a Displayport port. Support for only two monitors seems to be the standard now.

5. AbRASiON

AbRASiON Limp Gawd

That is a NUC though. I mean my 18 month old H97I from Asus does what I need. I believe the H170I from Asus does too.
    Sadly it looks like ANY overclocking on the H series is a goner now,.... so I need a Z series but ALL the damn Z's are "gamer elite" crap with fantastic soundcard "killer nics" and 1 or 2 video out.

Also I didn't find a H270 even if I didn't overclock to suit my needs.
    Shocking about the dual HDMI though, what possible purpose could people have for it? It's utter madness.