Can i put a cpu onto my gpu?

fightingfi

2[H]4U
weird i know, yes different hell yes is it possible and what would happen if you could maybe you can i dont know replace your gpu processor with a cpu processor?

What are the results of your dream? Maybe a fastest CPU GPU on the market.
Basically you can't do this because of the size and shape alone.

so you wouldnt be able to resize the shape and size of the pcb board? cards are big and small dont see the issue with that kinda like how cpu dies have shrunk over the past 40 yrs.

yes you can. The 1st step is this:

Intel-Processor-Cpu-Broken-Cracked-Wallpaper.jpg

You'd end up with a slower GPU in the end.

here is a little snippet from a bitcoin site,

"A CPU core can execute 4 32-bit instructions per clock (using a 128-bit SSE instruction) or 8 via AVX (256-Bit), whereas a GPU like the Radeon HD 5970 can execute 3200 32-bit instructions per clock (using its 3200 ALUs or shaders). This is a difference of 800 (or 400 in case of AVX) times more instructions per clock. As of 2011, the fastest CPUs have up to 6, 8, or 12 cores and a somewhat higher frequency clock (2000-3000 MHz vs. 725 MHz for the Radeon HD 5970), but one HD5970 is still more than five times faster than four 12-core CPUs at 2.3GHz (which would also set you back about $4700 rather than $350 for the HD5970)."

Like jelly-bread-pb-bread!? Cause that'd be weird!

I think the important question is, do you put your peanut butter knife in your jelly jar? Or your jelly knife in your peanut butter jar? Or do you wipe the knife in between? These things are important!

I think the important question is, do you put your peanut butter knife in your jelly jar? Or your jelly knife in your peanut butter jar? Or do you wipe the knife in between? These things are important!
I use a knife in the peanut butter and a spoon in the jelly.

Theoretically, but gpus are designed to more efficiently handle floating point math so it'd be pretty slow.

If you have the right hammer, glue, duct tape, and hammer time sound track you sure can!

You can do anything if you put your mind to it, OP.

reece.JPG

So get your ass out there and make a GCPU card for us all to use. ;)

Now, if you wanted you could place a CPU inside your case. Just make sure you place this unused CPU at the bottom of the case and away from other components. You do not want the CPU grounding out your motherboard, etc. You never want two pieces of conductive material coming in contact with a powered on system. BTW, I am not sure why people are giving you a hard time about this. It's perfectly fine to place items inside your case if you want. When I clean out my own PC or others computers it's not uncommon for me to find dust balls, hair, errant screws. I've even found memory sticks and very rarely, a screw driver inside a case.

If you want to balance a CPU on top of the GPU, this, I would be extremely careful with. But, it can be done. However, I absolutely would not recommend this. My best advice for this is to take a small slice of Velcro material and affix it to one side of the unused CPU you want "inside" your GPU and take the other piece of Velcro and place it to a nice safe spot on your video card. Note: Your video card must have metal shielding for this is safely work. Once you find the desired location, place the Velcro side of the unused CPU to the Velcro piece you placed on the video card.

If done correctly you will not damage your video and or system. This should I think in all possible ways meet your desire end result.

Good luck.

I know you're being retarded, but they have computers that use GPU's as the main compute processor (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/dgx-1/)... I don't know the details, but it sounds like the CPU is just the little guy while the GPU's handle all the real computations. CPU just directs them to do work.

weird i know, yes different hell yes is it possible and what would happen if you could maybe you can i dont know replace your gpu processor with a cpu processor?

:jawdrop:

I... I don't even... I don't see why not! Nothing a little duct-tape and dielectric grease can't handle!

I say try it out and you tell us what happens! If you do it right it should produce some very realistic smoke and particle effects at least. Just be sure to get it all on video.

Firstly...I want to like goobers, but the problem is when you put the peanut butter in the fridge it gets all hard and you can't spread it. Secondly, of course you clean the knife between it. Thirdly...as to the question on hand, I have to agree with madFive.

Back