Can I Play It? The Division.

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
Simply put, I'm wondering if my old hardware is good enough for this game...

I have a couple of friends who are playing it on their store-bought laptops, but according to the listed system reqs, I'm not so sure my desktop will handle it (even though I'm fairly certain I'll be ok).

The system:
AMD Phenom Black - Socket AM2
ASUS M3N72-D Mobo
4 Gb Corsair DDR2 (This may be my bottleneck)
2x nVidia GTX260 in SLI

Thoughts?

I think I'll be ok... but I don't want to spend the money on a game that is going to sit on my shelf...

It.... might run... just not pleasantly. However, IIRC, the GTX 260s are pretty old and are not DX11.

The Division System Requirements | Can I Run Tom Clancy's The Division PC requirements

This site says min reqs are DX11, so I'm not sure.

EDIT: I have a bunch of DDR2 RAM that I could sell for cheap.
That depends on what you're asking. The correct answer to the question as stated is that GTX 260 is DirectX 11 compatible and supports D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0.

There is a habit of associating DirectX versions with the hardware features they were the first to support, which is why you may hear that the GTX 260 is a 'DirectX 10' card. Like any other bit of software though, new versions build on the old both by supporting new technologies and making changes. The GTX 260 can't use any of the higher feature levels that encompass newer hardware features but it will work fine with games running through DirectX11 and using any other changes and improvements that have been made.

So..... yes?

>.<

Edit: Upon further research... You can have DX11 installed, but the card will only run DX10... So, it seems like no...

God damn it... I guess I have to build a new PC if I want to play this fucking game.

That's good news then. Can't hurt to try, though - buying the game could probably encourage or motivate your friend to build a new system.

EDIT: Nevermind after reading your edit lol.

Last edited:
My friend has a GTX 260 and the game didn't let him run the open beta.

Oh the horror.....have to build a new system......how will you survive!!??!?!

lol seriously, this would make me happy.

Oh the horror.....have to build a new system......how will you survive!!??!?!

lol seriously, this would make me happy.
Oh man, I would LOVE to. I priced out a system... Just can't justify spending $1,000.00 to play ONE game right now. :p

buy a newer gpu+ram and your golden. Get a used 7870 or 560 and you'll be fine for ~35fps on low (still looks freakishly good)

I have a gtx580 I can let go cheap... if you have a decent power supply op. I think it would play it?

That game is NOT worth building a PC for.

However, there are a lot of other games out now and coming soon that are. :)

Yes get a PS4 instead. You obviously dont care about modern pc gaming much anyway or you would not still be using that pc.

Yes get a PS4 instead. You obviously dont care about modern pc gaming much anyway or you would not still be using that pc.
I was going to say BS, but then again, those specs are at least 7 years old. I'm a little surprised you want to try to throw something this modern at it.

Your 2x 260's probably wouldn't be much more capable than my lowly 550Ti.

Back