can I merge files with handbrake?

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
As I have mentioned before I'm working on a project to record PhD seminars on in my departments. I have met with senior IT and recived a lot of feedback. Tonight the max file size will increase from 500MB to 2TB in the universities video hosting services. For some reason when recording longer videos the video camera seems to split the video files.

I wonder if it is possible to merge two video files together with handbrake or if I need to use a second piece of software. I have read on a few sites that it can be done... but not sure if it is possible with .mp4

If this isn't possible,what software is recommended for merging .mp4 files?

according to the comments section the merge feature doesn't work well...

I went to the site:

Version 2.2.0.1 Released
4/30/2012

This is a minor release to correct a few minor errors

Fixed a non startup issue becuase of resource files issues
Minor improvements to the GUI
Merge now occurs automatically and does not need to be selected by the user. ( Still some issues with Audio Sync )
Option added to perform a merge operation only.​

It seems that the project has been abandoned. Handbrake seems to hand batch files fine now as I just finished a batch convert.

thats a bummer. another thing i found that worked for me is the simple copy command

Code:
copy /b first_video.mp4 + second_video.mp4 final_video.mp4

In my case it didn't have audio just just put them togeather. If you are using audio and try it let me know if it works.

I do need audio, that was the complaint about the batch software. I'm guessing it was never resolved. I used mp4joiner and half a minute later my files were one.

I do need audio, that was the complaint about the batch software. I'm guessing it was never resolved. I used mp4joiner and half a minute later my files were one.

ffmpeg looks like it should work if anyone else needs to do this, see the "Concat protocol" section. Looks to be a quick one-line command.

Back