Can i get steam back?

Mayhs

2[H]4U
If i delete it can i get it back?...ive still got my original hl2 cds...

i want to delete it because my friends keep inviting to me to play on source but i deleted hl2 and still have source...

As long as you remember your username and password for Steam, you should be able to install it and download your purchased games without a problem.

You are going to have to try and make more sense before any of us will be able to help you.

I'll assume by 'Source' you mean Counter-Strike: Source. For your information, "Source" is the 3D game engine that powers HL2, Counter-Strike: Source, and several other games.

If you delete or uninstall Steam from your PC you can always re-install it and re-download all of the Steam games you own on your Steam account.

You should have no reason to 'delete' Steam in order to play Counter-Strike: Source.

Of course (provided you have not forgotten your username/password, in which case you use the forgot password link), all your account settings are saved on Valve's servers, including all the games you own etc.
You dont even need your HL2 cds, after you install steam you can download all the games you own.

Just go to http://www.steampowered.com and download steam from there and install it.

ah kk thanks...can i delete counter strike source instead of deleting steam? it doesnt come up in my control panel and my hd has gone crazy thanks to my brother whos been changing everything...

Yes, right click on the game in Steam and you'll be unable to uninstall it from there. You don't uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs.

and if i want it back i just download it again? or do i have to pay the $20?

You don't have to pay again, you just download it. Valve keeps track of which games you already own.

deja vu. Could've sworn you answered that in your second post already....

Wonder if he'll ask again.

^^lol at the hate...

for some reason a few days ago when i went to join a server it wouldnt launch counter strike and it asked me to purchase the game again...i guess ill just have to leave it on there knowing my luck

Mayhs said:
^^lol at the hate...

for some reason a few days ago when i went to join a server it wouldnt launch counter strike and it asked me to purchase the game again...i guess ill just have to leave it on there knowing my luck

Dude,

you have WAAAY too much PC to be havin the brainpower of a mushroom, you need to go down to your local UPS store and send it to me :)

On a more serious note, either its on your account or it isn't. If it isn't you don't have anything to uninstall. If it is, follow the instructions above. If you cant understand that, then email valve, we can't help ya.

And yes, steam is a PITA.

Mayhs said:
^^lol at the hate...

no hate involved :)

BTW steam sometimes has this. Just logout and log back in and it's ok again. in doubt, delete the clientregistry.blob file.

Back