Can I get my MacBook Pro-r laptop custom painted by a resepctable company?

JaiWebb

Gawd
Hi,

I have a newer MacBook Pro-R laptop that I would love to get custom painted soon. Is there any respectable companies around that specialize in this? Has anyone done it before? Advice?

Thanks

You could paint it, but generally speaking you'd want to anodize it (or plate it). Not cheap. There are a few companies that do this kind of work.
Here's one of the more well known ones: http://www.computer-choppers.com/services.html

Anodization prices are:
$1k for a 13"
$1.1k for a 15"
and
$1.2k for a 17"

It ain't cheap. I would only do this kind of stuff if money is absolutely no object. I would rather spend any money I would save not doing this kind of stuff into flipping and buying a new MBRr every year. But if you drive a Ferrari, and your house is 5M+, and you can't outspend yourself ever, you can always opt for Platinum plating with real diamonds.

The issue with doing that is that then when something breaks, apple will deny service on the machine because it has been modified/tampered with heavily. So if you end up having the logic board, display, top case, etc. go out, then you have to fix it yourself OR just buy a new machine.

The issue with doing that is that then when something breaks, apple will deny service on the machine because it has been modified/tampered with heavily. So if you end up having the logic board, display, top case, etc. go out, then you have to fix it yourself OR just buy a new machine.

If you can drop the cash on anodizing, I seriously doubt you give a shit when your system craps out ;)

If you can drop the cash on anodizing, I seriously doubt you give a shit when your system craps out ;)

Yeah, you would be surprised on the people that don't think it through. Kinda like buying a sports car and then being shocked when the insurance rates go up too.

the only time tampering would void applecare is if the damage is directly traceable to the customization

Back