Can I get 1000hz polling rate in Windows 10?

dochmbi

Limp Gawd
I've been using a Razer Diamondback 3G mouse and managed to get 500hz polling rate for it in Windows 7 by using this USB overclocking method: http://www.ngohq.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a.html

Since I upgraded to Windows 8.1 this no longer works and I was forced to use 125hz again.

The Diamondback 3G is quite old and doesn't allow the polling rate to be set higher in the driver.

I'm now thinking of buying a new gaming mouse, specifically the Steelseries Rival, just so I could get a high polling rate again. I read that in Win 8.1 there was a problem which once again restricted the polling rate even if you had a proper mouse driver, but there was a fix:

http://www.blurbusters.com/systemwide-fix-win81-mouse-fluidity/

It would be nice if somebody on who is on Windows 10 and has a modern gaming mouse with 500/1000hz could confirm with Mouse Rate Checker if the polling rate is working properly. Thanks for your help!

2015-07-31_11-10-50.png

g400s

I liked the SS rival so much as to recommended it to my friend, but after heavy use he said that a deal-breaker for him was that the grippy areas on the side of the mouse wear and tear extremely fast. You can probably get it replaced by steelseries, but it's certainly something to consider

I guess that answers my question. Thank you very much. Oh, one more thing, did you have to apply a fix or do some sort of tweak on Win10 to get the 1000hz polling rate?

Suprfire , I don't know why but It didn't work for me , I tried to overclock the usb to 500 hz for my wmo 1.1a and still stays at default , can you help me ?

2015-07-31_11-10-50.png

g400s

I liked the SS rival so much as to recommended it to my friend, but after heavy use he said that a deal-breaker for him was that the grippy areas on the side of the mouse wear and tear extremely fast. You can probably get it replaced by steelseries, but it's certainly something to consider

That's weird I've been using my rival like 6 hours a day for the last 6 months and the grippy areas still look new.

That's weird I've been using my rival like 6 hours a day for the last 6 months and the grippy areas still look new.

i think it might be because he has ....sweaty fingers?

or maybe there's a new revision of the mouse like someone is this thread says: http://www.hltv.org/forum/793668-steelseries-rival-grip-problem

Suprfire , I don't know why but It didn't work for me , I tried to overclock the usb to 500 hz for my wmo 1.1a and still stays at default , can you help me ?

hey, what OS? W10?

Windows 10 pro 32 bit build 10240

I don't think it's possible on Windows 10. In my screenshot i was using a Logitech G400S which is natively 1000hz polling rate, no overclock necessary.

I'll bet you tried changing the polling rate using HIDUSBF

I don't think it's possible on Windows 10. In my screenshot i was using a Logitech G400S which is natively 1000hz polling rate, no overclock necessary.

I'll bet you tried changing the polling rate using HIDUSBF

Yes. So that's why , I guess I need to buy a new mouse :p or go back to win 7 :D

Back