Can i Fit 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP Edition With This Setup?

phorkz

Limp Gawd
I am building a new system shortly, i will be using this case:

NZXT Switch 810 Case White

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/switch_810

And this Mobo:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 Motherboard

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/microsite/316/z77x-up7.html

And am planning on running 2 X of these in SLI:

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP Edition

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/GTX680DC2T2GD5/

Will i have enough room to run these two cards, safely and relatively cool? I hear they are 3 slot cards, so my judging looks like ti will be ok, im just not sure if they will be too close?

Thankyou in advance.

3 slot cards, yes, with what looks like a single space between them. This means you'll be using 7 slots (3 + 1 blank + 3); your case has 9 slots available.

My assumption with the board is that you'll put the cards in slots 1 and 3 (the orange ones). On z77 you'd run them at x8/x8.

You'll need an appropriately sized SLI bridge, but your motherboard will likely come with a flexible one. The Asus cards come with a triple-slot bridge (not quad-slot) since many Asus boards have the slots triple spaced instead of dual spaced.

That said, you'll block off all the slots except for what the video cards are using. This means you'll need to use onboard sound or use something that connects via USB header.

Ok thanks heaps, i appreciate it.
Yeah i intented on running with onboard sound, as just for gaming, there is not really much of a difference? im using 5.1 sound through the analog connectors, to a logitech 5.1.

Easily, I have one and yes it`s freaking massive! but you can manage to put two together if you do not plan to populate the other slots.

gr8, let us know your performance numbers in various games after you`ve fiddled with your rig...

Will do mate, cant wait to throw it together should be a decent system. Ill throw my build here aswell:
Corsair AX1200 PSU with full white sleeved cables.
3770K With Corsair H100 in push/pull as top exhaust using 4 x Gentle Typhoons plan on running 4.5ghz.
2 X Asus 680 Top Editions
Samsung 830 256gb SSD
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 Motherboard
NZXT Switch case with all extra fans in all white
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Ram
Some lame dvd rom that i dont care about
Windows 7
Catleap 27" screen 2560x1440.
Logitech 5.1 surround.

Thats a killer rig you got there. But I think 2 680 Top`s is somewhat overkill for a single 1440p monitor. You would be better off getting two 670 Top`s and save some money! and have you considered the new AX 1200i and H100i to make your build fully digital since you can afford such high end hardware :D....

Thats a killer rig you got there. But I think 2 680 Top`s is somewhat overkill for a single 1440p monitor. You would be better off getting two 670 Top`s and save some money! and have you considered the new AX 1200i and H100i to make your build fully digital since you can afford such high end hardware :D....

Yeah it is overkill, but im like that i guess :), and yeah, i overspent on a few of them items, but i dont really care tbh. i could never buy a gfx card model lower than the top(not into dual gpu cards) thats just how i am haha.
cant say i really considered the ax1200i or the h100i. The site i buy from(im in aus) doesnt have the h100i listed. i guess getting both the "i" editions may have given me a small benefit, but oh well, shes on her way now. Cant wait.

h100i is new, but in terms of cooling it looks to be on-par with the H100. The H100 is also Corsair link compatible, so I suspect it's more of an "update" than a genuine new product. Cosmetically it does look different - maybe they redesigned the pump or something.
ax1200i is similar: it has a link interface for Corsair link.

Back