Can I cut anti-vibration fan pegs off just past the edge of the fan

DanNeely

Supreme [H]ardness
The Phantek fans I bought for my new build came with really long rubber anti-vibration pegs to use instead of screws for mounting. The fan mounts in my case attach the fans from the side of the fan on inside of the case not the one facing the outside. As a result te pegs extend well past where the front of the case would go (visible via the drive bay cover above the fan. To put the external grill in front of the fans and close the case up, I'd need to cut the pegs at either the red or (maybe) the orange line to make them stop from going far enough forward to be a problem. Can I do that and still have enough of the peg to hold the fans well?

JGsNeU5.png

From the picture it doesnt look like it would cause an issue, anything past your mark is not doing anything to hold your fan on the chasis .

I don't really have anything to contribute to the topic but I have a relevant question: do those anti-vibration fan pegs actually do anything? I had them on H-240X but the screws were a little short and they were really being dug into. I took them out and don't hear any difference at all.

The obvious disadvantage to cutting them off would be the difficulty in re-using them to mount a fan...as you might not have enough material to pull on.

Back