Can I connect 3 Displays to my GTX 1070 Founders Edition?

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
I will plan to run all three at 1080P. I am curently using one ASUS MG248Q, and I like it so, that I thought get another 2 for three way screen.

If the answer is YES, then:

2 would be connected to DisplayPort 1, and 2, and the third through the mini-DisplayPort or HDMI?

I am planning to run them at 144Hz (at least 2 of them)

Thanks for letting me know.

What mini displayport? There should be 3 full displayport, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI output. I would use the Displayport if you want 144Hz.

Edit: woah didn't even realize I wrote DVI, meant displayport.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1070 and 1080 cards supports any 4 displays hooked up at once. 5 is right out! (Monty Python humor - it won't work unless the company added something extra to run 5)

What mini displayport? There should be 3 full displayport, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI output. I would use the Displayport if you want 144Hz.

Edit: woah didn't even realize I wrote DVI, meant displayport.

My bad.

Question: This is for only playing games, online multiplayer FPS games (mostly COD games), can it be done? I mean would the resolution SPAN across the 3 screens?

I need to be able to see who is on my left and right when playing!

It'll work just fine. And you'll be able to play 3x1080p full res yes, though the 1070 may struggle on some max settings triple A titles, but CoD should be okay?

It'll work just fine. And you'll be able to play 3x1080p full res yes, though the 1070 may struggle on some max settings triple A titles, but CoD should be okay?

Awesome! So the SLI is no longer needed? The last time I had a SLI rig was back in Orchid Technologies 3Dfx Voodoo2 era! (how time flies!)

No it's not needed. As someone mentioned these cards handle 4x screens solo. If your monitor ports don't align exactly with the 1070 ports, you may need some adapters. But it'll work. I've got a GTX 670 hooked up to 2 screens and a TV for my brother and it works just fine too.

I will plan to run all three at 1080P. I am curently using one ASUS MG248Q, and I like it so, that I thought get another 2 for three way screen.

If the answer is YES, then:

2 would be connected to DisplayPort 1, and 2, and the third through the mini-DisplayPort or HDMI?

I am planning to run them at 144Hz (at least 2 of them)

Thanks for letting me know.

You're best off using all three DP ports, that way it maintains synch between them best. Then enable surround. I run triple 1080@144hz., for years now on both AMD and Nvidia. I'm currently running on Nvidia w/o issues but again stick to the three DP.

You're best off using all three DP ports, that way it maintains synch between them best. Then enable surround. I run triple 1080@144hz., for years now on both AMD and Nvidia. I'm currently running on Nvidia w/o issues but again stick to the three DP.

I am planning to run 3 *exactly the same* monitors (ASUS MG248Q).

Do I need to edit any .ini files in order to get the desired 5760 X 1080 resolution in the game? (as mentioned here: http://faq.iracing.com/article.php?id=166

As long as I can run my multiplayer FPS games (COD Infinite Warfare, etc.) on 3 of them at 90FPS (144Hz enabled), I would be happy!

Last edited:
Triple panel support these days is getting better and better. With iracing it is a very common setup and is well supported. You'd only have to muck with ini files if you change resolution for whatever reason, and its easier to just edit in an ini file than go thru the games menu. And there is the oft chance you run an older game with poor support, but in that instance you'd use flawless widescreen or other app to do it.

Triple panel support these days is getting better and better. With iracing it is a very common setup and is well supported. You'd only have to muck with ini files if you change resolution for whatever reason, and its easier to just edit in an ini file than go thru the games menu. And there is the oft chance you run an older game with poor support, but in that instance you'd use flawless widescreen or other app to do it.

Great! By any chance do you know if the recent games (like COD Infinite Warfare, etc.) would support these resolutions without any .ini editing?

Great! By any chance do you know if the recent games (like COD Infinite Warfare, etc.) would support these resolutions without any .ini editing?

They all should. The rare crap ones are like um... games based on archaic code like for ex dragons dogma, man what shit surround support. But then again that's a capcom game so you have to put it into context. Triple A games are expected to support high end resolutions.

For ex. wsgf is the place to read for most things eyefinity/surround related.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31621

They all should. The rare crap ones are like um... games based on archaic code like for ex dragons dogma, man what shit surround support. But then again that's a capcom game so you have to put it into context. Triple A games are expected to support high end resolutions.

For ex. wsgf is the place to read for most things eyefinity/surround related.

Great! thanks!

You will probably run into an issue with the field of view. A lot of games have the horizontal FOV fixed - that means that you will still see as wide as you would with a single monitor. The downside is that because of your very wide resolution you will see a lot less on the top and the bottom. I am running an ultrawide monitor and this problem is quite apparent - everything feels a bit "zoomed in" than a 16:9. In overwatch I have the FOV slider set to the max (105 degrees, I think) but it still feels much more zoomed in than 95 degrees on a 16:9. Your resolution will be even more, erm, ultrawider and those issues, when they occur, will probably be even worse.
I'm not saying that it's crap - just that you will get a mixed bag of results and in some cases it may be better to play only on a single monitor. Pascal's Simultaneous Multiprojection will probably be helpful when/if it works. I'm using just a 980ti and my results may be worse.

Uh, oh, seems like the main game that I am planning to run this 3 monitor setup has multi-monitor issue according to this:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Infinite_Warfare

"Will only display on leftmost screen, instead of the main display"

but this link says it works in surround mode: (with screenshots to prove it)

I am confused to which one is correct?

Ya need to stop reading too much and read up on setting up surround. Wiki pages can be written by any bloke off the street.

Back