can I change the layout color?

DaWhim

Limp Gawd
ouch......it is painful to read the white text against the black background! somebody help....... :(

Sure. Create yourself a user CSS file and you could pull it off. Just poke through the site source and figure out the CSS hooks and you're good to go.

Not sure it's worth the trouble, myself. There aren't any forum options for it.

The colors are the basic trademark of these forums since March of 2000. Very few of the members over the years (80,000 or so) have had problems with the contrasting colors and those that did became used to them quickly. The more you use the board, the better it looks. :)

I happen to like the way [H] looks and have never had any problems with the white on black.

lomn75 said:
Sure. Create yourself a user CSS file and you could pull it off. Just poke through the site source and figure out the CSS hooks and you're good to go.

Not sure it's worth the trouble, myself. There aren't any forum options for it.

You make it out to be way more complicated than it is in reality.

From the Admin side, it's quite easy to add/create/modify a new style.

To answer the question simply, the default style on this board is the only one available for selection.

Vile said:
You make it out to be way more complicated than it is in reality.

From the Admin side, it's quite easy to add/create/modify a new style.
Except, of course, that you don't have access to the Admin side.

Coming up with an end-user CSS file for the forum doesn't sound simple because it isn't simple.

lomn75 said:
Except, of course, that you don't have access to the Admin side.

Coming up with an end-user CSS file for the forum doesn't sound simple because it isn't simple.

Yes, it's quite obvious why users don't have access to the admin side.

All I'm saying is the question had a simple answer to the question asked, which is No.

Simple trick in Firefox: "Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors..." check the box for "Always use my:" Colors" Looks a bit messy, but gets the job done.

Wow, resurrected from the depths. Anyway, a better solution I've since become aware of is to use a proxy (search for similar threads to this one for exact linkage) and scan only for the hardforum.com domain before overwriting the existing style.

Yeah, I found this after I did a search to see if anyone else posted about the huge wad of CSS stuffed into every page (yes, a couple of times) and figured I'd toss my two cents in here. Didn't really pay attention to how old this was, but if anyone else searches for the issue in this thread, they've got a couple extra alternatives now.

Another solution is to copy out the CSS from the page into another style sheet, change "color" that are "#FFFFFF" to "#000000" and change all "background-color" that are "#000000" to "#FFFFFF" and also change the "background-color" for the ".alt1, .alt1Active" and ".alt2, .alt2Active" sections from dark colors to light colors and save it as a CSS file and use it as a user CSS file. A bit more work, but not really that difficult or time consuming.

The problem with doing the user CSS file method is that it's for all sites, not just this one. That's why the proxy method has merit.

Back