Can I auto subscribe to my posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottomsUp

Gawd
For some reason I need to click "thread tools, subscribe" when replying or creating a post in order for instant email notification to work.

Thanks

Click the User CP link at the top left of any forum page and click the Edit Options link from the left-hand navigation bar. Go to the Default Thread Subscription Mode section and pick whatever option you like from the drop-down menu.

thanks, but I have instant email notification selected, but I am not auto subscribed to threads

Are you sure you aren't accidentally blocking the e-mails? Do the threads you post in show up in your subscribed thread list? The setting I mentioned is the only one that would affect whether or not you subscribe to threads, so if that's set correctly then the problem is probably on your end.

I'm getting the emails. It's just that I'm not auto subscribed. I have to manually click the subscribe option under "thread tools", but after that the instant email notification starts working.

I just tested it out on my account, and it is working right for both new threads and for replies. Also, your account is set correctly.

When you go to make a new thread, for example, in the drop down at the bottom, is "instant notification" selected in the subscription section or not?
Also, do the threads show up in your subscribed list in the user CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back