Can fix the uniformity by software???

Some monitors have the Uniformity compensation technology but some one has not. Does any software has the technology that can fix the issue?

w2363-uniformity.jpg

uniformityCompesation.jpg

If there was such software, everyone would be talking about it on the monitor and photo forums.

Maybe it's impossible to implement on software level?

in theory I suppose it's possible, if you knew the "shape" of the nonuniformity, you could have a shader or something that ran ontop of windows and all applications that adjusted the pixel value for each point on the screen to compensate. Would be very impractical and wouldn't work very well though, imo.

If there was possibility to run shader on top of all applications it would be possible to do gamut correction in all applications and games which would be awesome

Unfortunately it is impossible. I believe if it was someone would do it.
It is one of those features only m$ or driver developers could give you and neither of them ever will.

Just buy monitor with the functions you need. Not very cheap option but the only one available...

If there was possibility to run shader on top of all applications it would be possible to do gamut correction in all applications and games which would be awesome

Unfortunately it is impossible. I believe if it was someone would do it.
It is one of those features only m$ or driver developers could give you and neither of them ever will.

It is possible, at least for many games. Not yet for windows desktop.

Unfortunately it is impossible.
It could be done by injecting post-effect shaders or using a full screen overlay on some operating systems

if you knew the "shape" of the nonuniformity
You could just take a photo of the screen and modify it accordingly
That way you can have almost pixel-perfect uniformity

The problem is to make backlight bleed go away on a black screen you have to turn you darkest black into the color of the brightest bleed
So your black levels are completely ruined

With bright images it actually works really well though
You just darken parts of your screen that are affected by the bleed
This completely nullifies the bleed but only works for pixels above a certain black level

I'd like to use the later for everything but it's too much of a hassle to make it work everywhere due to OS/ GPU limitations

It could be done by injecting post-effect shaders or using a full screen overlay on some operating systems

yep - this is what the reshade injector does, and with florian's hard work, we can now use 3DLUTs in many directx and opengl games (see link in my previous post).

You could just take a photo of the screen and modify it accordingly
That way you can have almost pixel-perfect uniformity

To do it (really) properly, I *think* you'd need luminance information, not just an camera RGB value, which depends on the filters in the camera. You could do it by turning your camera into a purpose built colorimeter, but you need a colorimeter to make the initial measurements.

Some monitors have the Uniformity compensation technology but some one has not. Does any software has the technology that can fix the issue?

w2363-uniformity.jpg

uniformityCompesation.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, however you still can't correct black levels with something like this. You would need to raise the black floor the the brightest spot on the screen to get consitent darks across the monitor.

To do it (really) properly, I *think* you'd need luminance information, not just an camera RGB value
I don't see why you'd even need RGB
Assuming the backlight is all white all you'd really need is a grayscale photo to get the backlight bleeding strength for each pixel
And you could directly use the photo as alpha texture for your shader as well

Now I only really tested this with some hand-tweaked gradients in the corners of my screen
But theoretically the photo method should work pretty well

Yea, I think you're right, so long as the variation in luminance across the screen maintains the same spectral signature (i.e. the same balance of primaries), which I imagine is the case.

even better would be a gaming display that had an inbuilt programmable 3DLUT, although not sure how much input lag, if any, this would add.

I think this software should release by manufacture. Because not every monitor is good, when a monitor in produce process which worker cannot check every monitor light or uniformity at exhaustive. And this software should control the each specific back light which we can control or change the uniformity or back light bleeding by self. I am not professionals, just thinking.
500x1000px-LL-0d8ab3ab_20130505_230933.jpeg
500x1000px-LL-32ff0af0_photo.jpeg
tec_mnt_unf1.jpg

Back