Can digital cameras be put in 35mm slide form?

EGGO

Gawd
For a scholarship in my college, they want me to submit a few designs of pieces I did; however, it must be in slide form should the piece be too big (which it is). I have my DSLR (Canon Rebel XT) camera and a regular 35mm film Canon Digital Rebel GII.

If I can somehow do it from ditital form it'd be even easier so I can see the results right there and then get it developed. Also, it'll keep me from switching lenses from my DSLR to my SLR, as I plan to use the DSLR for white balance and lighting previews so I can copy the settings right into the SLR.

They want the pictures in 35mm slide form, so I'm trying to see if it's at all possible and if a certain store has the ability to do it.

I don't think you can go from digital -> slide. But honestly, try slide film. It's a whole new world =)

i think there are slide printers....but i dunno where to find them.....
if there wasn't then how would the movie industry make thousands of copies of a movie to be sent to theaters in slide form.

im just not sure how much they would cost because the precision in those machines must be obscene

I have no expirence with the process, or with this company, but this company says they can do what you want so you may want to check it out: http://www.prodigitalphotos.com/digital.html

Or you could see if your local photo lab can develop slides (you need to shoot with slide film). I'm not sure if they go through the same process as a 35mm negative, but you should check before buying the film & getting it processed.

Edit: Updated URL to the Digital->Slide service

Im sure you can do it on acetate film that you can get from Staples or, any other retailer. But you have to manage the ink output through your printer or, in Photoshop's print management. I believe they do that all the time. Im going to have to do it to submit some pics to Arizona Highways but, they have to be larger. Also you would have to get it to print at 35mm slide size.

Back