Can anyone suggest a high end air cooler that's less than 140mm wide?

Dajinn

Weaksauce
I have a motherboard where the socket placement was simply not that smart from the manufacturer(MSI Z87M Gaming)and as such it makes dealing with video cards incredibly frustrating with monster CPU air coolers. If at all possible I'd like to see if there is anything comparable in performance to the NH-D14, while being SMALLER than 140mm "wide"(this is the measurement from top to bottom when the motherboard is mounted vertically in a case, or from left to right if mounted horizontally. The fans on the NH-D14 do not make it any wider so that's not he issue, it's the block itself.

Please advise.

Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E is not less than 140mm wide BUT the base is offset for better PCI-E slot clearance. From PCI-E side of cooler to center of CPU is 67.8mm compared to 70mm on a traditionally centered base on 140mm wide coolers.
SilverArrowIB-Edimedit_zps9bf21b09.jpg

I added measurements to original drawing.

I suggest getting the Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme because the supplied 2500rpm TY-143 fans running up to 1300rpm are the same noise level as Silver Arrow IB-E with 1300rpm TY-141 fans, but with TY-143 fans you have 4-8c more cooling if you run the fans faster... and can stand the added noise when you do. :D

Last edited:
Back