Can anyone recommend any good Xbox360/One-like controllers that have 6 face buttons?

I don't mean one that just copies another console's layout that had 6 face buttons, like the Sega Genesis or Saturn, or one that removes/remaps some of the standard buttons of a common dual-analog controller to the face instead.

I mean one similar to the Xbox360 or Xbox One controller that in ADDITION to all the normal buttons, analog trigger, and rumble has an extra 2 face buttons, for a total of six (Without losing rumble or using digital triggers instead of analog)

Preferably one with the same layout/design as Xbox360/One controllers and supports XInput or even just identifies as an Xbox controller (I don't know if that's even possible while having additional buttons, I mostly want that for compatibility reasons).

Basically, if I could take my existing Xbox360 controller and put an additional Z and C button on it without changing anything else, that is exactly what I want.

I know there are some cheap ones I have seen that either have features missing, just re-map the buttons, or are shoddy quality, but are there any good ones someone can recommend?

Unfortunately, no. Microsoft ruined the controller input market with Xinput, and now everything has to follow the Xbox controller design paradigm. The ones that are out there are just moving the shoulder buttons to the face or duplicating them.

You could do it, in theory, but it hasn’t been done.
The easiest way would be getting more button hardware and putting an arduino in the controller.

Unfortunately, no. Microsoft ruined the controller input market with Xinput, and now everything has to follow the Xbox controller design paradigm. The ones that are out there are just moving the shoulder buttons to the face or duplicating them.

I see, so I will have to settle for DirectInput then?

Are there any of those one can recommend?

Something like that, but with the additional two face buttons being their own separate buttons. (According to that link, they just mirror the LB and RB buttons, a lot of controllers seem to do that instead of having them be actual extra buttons).

There is a reason this doesn't exist, the controller market exists in a bubble. You either want them to exactly follow console standards or you just dont 7se them and use something better like mouse and keyboard. The point is you are either in the walled garden or your are out of it completely.

Back