Can anyone recommend an inexpensive PDF editor?

boneycat

Limp Gawd
I have Adobe Acrobat X, but it's pretty long in the tooth. Mainly used to fill out forms for kids schools and other stuff like that. I've heard good things about Foxit, but it seems like everything is going to a subscription service. I'm looking for a stand alone. Anyone have any good recommendations?

I believe you should be able to open up a PDF in Word365 if you have that subscription. Takes a bit, but I remember editing a few things and saving back down to a PDF.

Alternatively you may try Cutepdf. Ithink I used that for a good long while and it's a one off purchase.

Thanks! I've never heard of it before, but it looks really good. My wife said she's used CuteFTP before, is that the same company?

If you just need to fill out PDFs, Adobe Acrobat Reader does that for free with its Fill and Sign functionality. I just print to PDF afterward to save it.

LibreOffice Draw can sometimes fit the bill. It's not super pretty but it works. You can make edits and then export as PDF.

I can't vouch for how good NitroPDF is, but that seems like a non-subscription (albeit pricey) option

If your only need is filling out forms, then I second the recommendation above of just using Adobe Reader (or any free reader that offers form filling and saving/printing back to PDF once done)

Foxit is totally acceptable for all your pdf needs, but as stated is you're just form filling and whatnot Adobe Reader is all you need

Back