Can anyone help me with info about netflix/ps3 ?

thenewrick

Limp Gawd
Hi, I have a PS3 and my friend has netflix. If I assign my PS3 to his account what will happen if I rent a movie on the PS3. I really don't want to interrupt my friends' service at all. Anyone have any experience with this service yet and could help me out. I'm afraid I'm gunna wreck my friends' service!

if you do streaming only you will be fine. if you request a disc it will go to his address, not yours.

on the xbox I had to get a key on the console side, then sign into my netflix account and register that device to my account. that was it.

awesome, ill try it soon. how often can you rent streaming movies? can i watch blu-ray after blu-ray on my ps3 with it or theres limitations?

you can do streaming 24/7...but its not the whole library and quality is determined by bandwidth.

i know on the 360 you can stream movies in HD if HD is available for that movie, its not BluRay quality but it is basic broadcast HDTV quality which is darn good for streaming....but to be fair, there is no such thing as "streaming BluRay" from an outside source generally speaking, bitrate is far too high for 90% of internet connections at home

ive been using netflix on the 360 few months now, its great, tons to watch, lots of tv shows that would normally only be on cable or satellite channels and dont forget completely commercial free, so you can watch 4 episodes of mythbusters in the time it takes to watch one on normal broadcast tv

my biggest complaint so far though would be that there is not enough new content added daily or even weekly, if you do like we did and use it every day you will run out of things to watch pretty quick unless you decide to re-watch all 100 episodes of Lost or something like that....

overall i am happy for the price for unlimited streaming on the 360 and pc and having two DVD's or BLuRay discs out at once for $15 and the hub is about 20 minutes from my house so i pretty much get 48 hour turnaround on the mailed discs

ya thats cool. i just torrent and have a friend who works at video store. problem is i cant get free blurays easily, thats sortve the whole thing

It's also important to remember that NetFlix streaming is only in stereo -- no surround sound yet.

ya thats cool. i just torrent and have a friend who works at video store. problem is i cant get free blurays easily, thats sortve the whole thing

Sorry, but this thread has piracy written all over it.

Stop torrenting movies and get your own netflix account, its only $8.99 a month

Back