can anyone beat these temps?

Ziggy!talon

Limp Gawd
beatthisfools.JPG

Ziggy, I seriously doubt your CPU is 8 C, unless you're using some kinda magic paste or crazy cooling. Just for shits and giggles, why don't ya try CoreTemp?

Without some documentation as to WHY you think that temp is real, or explain your cooling methods....you are going to get "beat" down on this forum.

If you are not running a refrigerated setup of some sort, or live in a VERY cold climate and have the pc exposed to cold ass air....then your temps are wrong by miles and miles, and you are looking like an idiot.

Without some documentation as to WHY you think that temp is real, or explain your cooling methods....you are going to get "beat" down on this forum.

If you are not running a refrigerated setup of some sort, or live in a VERY cold climate and have the pc exposed to cold ass air....then your temps are wrong by miles and miles, and you are looking like an idiot.

nah that's the real temp my friend, everest can confirm as well as ASUS pc probe, i can post screenys if you dont beleive me.... i cant use coretemp because it only supports C2D's, and i have a Presler...

my cooling consists of, a modded AC Freezer 7 Pro, it has a 7000rpm fan instead of the crappy fan that comes with it....

i use a full size ATX case (the server size case) i have two intake fans in the bottom front, and 4 exhaust fans above the power supply where the upper drive cage is, which houses my RAID:0 Array drives...

Wow, you must have a magic cooler.
Does it have a spell to counteract condensation?

What are your ambient temps?
If they are higher than 8C, there is no way thats the real core temp.... unless you really have got a magic heatsink.

Ziggy, you DO realise it's impossible for air cooling to be below ambient temperatures, right? Simple physics here...

what type of heat sink are you using? i believe him (if he has a really good cooling method)

lol, you might want to read post #7
"my cooling consists of, a modded AC Freezer 7 Pro, it has a 7000rpm fan instead of the crappy fan that comes with it.... "

lol, you might want to read post #7
"my cooling consists of, a modded AC Freezer 7 Pro, it has a 7000rpm fan instead of the crappy fan that comes with it.... "

oh well in thaaaat case. pffffffft go update your bios and see if you get better readings.

not even something like a 400 dollar cooling system can get it that low.

Why is this even being debated. It's not possible unless his room is 46 F which I seriously doubt. I work in an IT room that is a like a meat freezer, but it ain't 8 C. This thread is pointless.

air cooling != below ambient

Unless the laws of physics got changed overnight, I'm going with BIOS error. I'm also inclined to say if you BELIEVE such temp readings, then you are also safely on the side of insane.

ummm, i concur with everyone's disbelief. a q6600 air cooled to 8 degrees... that's some sort of error right there.

yep, 8-10C...

this is IDLE temps though guys, under load is goes to ~30-40C...

So how do you propose it gets 8C idle temps when ambient temp is higher and you are feeding Watts of power to it?
The figures are wrong, period.

If you still seriously believe it could be at 8C, you need to read up as you arent doing yourself any favours posting about it :)

yep, 8-10C...

this is IDLE temps though guys, under load is goes to ~30-40C...

That doesn't matter. CPU's will create heat, even when they're idle. Since they are a source of heat, they will ALWAYS be warmer then their surrounding conditions.

Even if your CPU was putting out 0.5w of heat (it's not) it would still be warmer than the ambient conditions surrounding it.

Energy HAS to be conserved. To go below ambient temperature, you need to expend energy to remove this heat. Without some sort of cooling device, that actively uses energy to remove ambient heat, and exhaust it somewhere else, your CPU will always be warmer than, or at the same temperature as, the room it's in. Even if it's off!

You could pass an infinite amount of air across the heatsink... And the coolest that heatsink will ever get, would be to the temperature of the air moving through it.

Hm.

Your motherboard reads 35 idle, 36 load.

Your CPU is 8 idle, 35 load.

Congratulations, you are the most gullible computer user alive. Unplug the thing and back away slowly. Go buy an iMac, and settle into your proper class.

Even if it does run at 8 C idle (not saying it does) since when do we care about idle temps? Load temps are the thing to watch. Just my 2 cents :D

We just cant beat those temps.... Ziggy, you have the coolest computer on [H]. Gratz

Seems like you have a broken temp sensor. You should RMA the board if it is still in warrenty.

If A > B and B = C, then how the FUCK can A < C?

Is this the kind of logic you are applying to your defense of crazy (obviously erronesous) less than ambient temperatures.

maybe his psu is emitting cold air, thus lower than ambient!! :)

Of couse, i'm joking.

Where can I get my physics defying heatsink?
you must travel to a distant land where you will battle demons, sorcerers, and blind kung-fu masters in death duels for 72 hours straight. you must then travel to the coast of 'WTF8DEGREES' and coerce the deadly sea nymphs to lead you to their treasure where you will have to answer 6 mystical questions to gain the artifact. answer even 1 wrong, and you will be ridiculed on [H] forums for eternity.

qcold.jpg

My load temps... it was a lot colder in my room though :p my x2 4200 was idling at 5c

It is NOT possible to have temps below ambient. Unless you are running your PC outside, its physically impossible.

EDIT: I fail at seeing the second half of this thread :(

It is NOT possible to have temps below ambient. Unless you are running your PC outside, its physically impossible.

EDIT: I fail at seeing the second half of this thread :(

it was roughly 0c when I was under 40c load... the guy's sensor is wrong :eek::D or it's really cold in there, which doesn't make sense cause everything else is really hot.

*nods* you have the coolest. do claim your prize!

ok, im not sure which app would be correct in my temps. can you all help.

fantemp.jpg

as you can see, speed fan is wrong with that one temp... FOR SURE. i would have blue goop all over my CPU if it was right.

so, which temp is correct?

Back