Can anybody replicate this Vista/SLI/Media Center problem?

Catweazle

2[H]4U
Hi,

I posted this at SLIZone forum but it seems nobody exists there except some dude who responds to everything with a suggestion that people submit a bug report :p

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit install, and have the 101.41 Beta drivers installed.

System specs are:

A64 X2 4200+ (@2375)
A8N SLI Deluxe
2 x 6600GT (identical)
2Gb PC4000
22" Widescreen @ 1680x1050

At this point in time I'm not particularly worried about 3D games performance, and have installed the new driver to check out what, if any, problems are experienced. I'm wondering if anybody else running 6xxx series card can replicate this problem, and if not what people might think could be a cause.

I start Windows Media Center in windowed mode. The onscreen display is cut in half horizontally, with only the top half of the display showing and the bottom half black. I then switch to fullscreen and the Media Center interface displays corrrectly, in full.

I initiate live TV playback in Windowed mode and get the same behaviour. The display has only its top half showing. Switch to fullscreen though, and I get no displayed image at all.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

I'm interested to hear if others get the same thing, even if with different cards to the oldies I have.

I dont have SLI but I do have Nvidia Issues with the MCE funtionality of vista. With Media Center displaying video (whehter it be DVD or TV) and I try minimize or stop it in any way, I get a black screen except fot the button overlay that allows control of MCE.

Kind of annoying. And it seems to only be with my 7 series GTX. Plop in a 8 Series and load 101.41 and a total different problem.

Hope the get this shizz figured soon.

Back