Can an Aussie donate ppd to [H] in exchange for votes?

RETARDOCAU

n00b
Hi all,

This definitely isn't something i would do under a normal circumstance, however a close friend of mine has had a pretty tough time recently & discovered that a book she has written has been voted for a small business book award (based on book sales)

The book is called 'Paper Flow' and is about a simple, easy to use system to manage paperwork.
She's a true blue Aussie battler and up against other international books in the same genre and basically needs people to click on a link to register a vote.
Winning would means her book can wear a sticker stating its an award winner. ( a bit like stickers wine bottles wear )

Voting is FREE and really simple.
One vote per IP Address per day. With 10 days to go, that is 10 votes per person/IP Address. (You can vote from your mobile phone etc too)

It's a one click process with no data collection except the computer id which is use to lock user out once the vote is placed. 24 hours later it is unlocked again for the next vote, The status shows VOTE OR VOTED. You can only vote when the VOTE status is showing.

Its a fairly harmless process and it would mean a lot to myself and my friend to stand out against an international crowd in hopes for future success
http://bookawards.smallbiztrends.com/management_2011/paper-flow--2/

Just to be clear ... I have nothing to benefit from this process just the satisfaction of helping a friend out thats been doing it tough.

I have asked my team @ Overclockers Australia along with OCN for some assistance too. If we can pull off this miracle ... i am willing to donate a weeks worth of points to the [H] which will be somewhere around 140k ppd or if the HPCS service is still available (250kppd)

My EOC stats are here.
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=534576

I hope this isn't offensive to anyone & we can help each other out.

Regards

Paul

Last edited:
I can't speak for the team, but I'd vote just to help another folder out =)

Between laptop, desktop, and phone, you can have my 30 votes.

Can I get extra credit for buying the book? I think I need to buy this based on reading the sample pages on Amazon(my wife would agree too). :D

I voted by the way.

Thank you so much everyone.
It does mean alot, especially when 2 forums (including my own team) have deleted/locked the same thread :rolleyes:
Sadly the numbers are not stacked in our favour.
However because of your generosity .. the points i was going to donate amongst 2 teams will now ALL be going to [H].

I'll ask later on for someones bonus point information once this is over.

Cheers

Why don't we just make a "donate user" and crank out a few SMP units to get the bonus then we can have a dedicated user name for things like this, and sy Kendrak and a few other highly visable team reps can all have the passcode to pass out, that way no one gets screwed invade down the line if someone forgets a faulty Borg and it kills the accounts bonus no one gets slammed

you better make with the ppd OP...or else

jk, voted, cheers

+1 more, well more like a bunch more, I gots access :cool:

+2 more today from me

votes 549 and 550, how much more do we need?

O boy, we need a lot more votes lol. For what it's worth I took this to my FB page, hopefully you could get a few more votes there but I dont have many friends lol

Last edited:
How awesome are you guys :)
wow we've poured on about 100 votes in the last few hours :)
2nd place is well under thread and 1st place is annihilating us (i could reckon it to certain positions from an adult movie)

still a good 8 days to go & the votes are gaining good momentum.
If any of you are inclined to share on facebook/twitter ... that would be wonderful
I'm a bit of a loner on FB with around 50 friends (and i actually know them all - lol)

Looking forward to see what happens - you have all made this quite exciting - my friend is really excited about the support ppl are showing her :)

Either way you'll be a couple of mil closer to EVGA after this is all over.

Thanks grumpy_rock & everyone else too

A small update ...
2nd place has been taken. 740 Votes :cool:
That wouldn't have looked possible a couple of days ago.
Now the mammoth task of reeling in 1st place. (Just pretend its EVGA) :)
And really well done so far. AMAZING.

Last edited:
<click>
<click from my phone>

Last edited:
Thank you so much :)
It seems the team we passed last night is waaaaaaaaaaaay behind & the gap to 1st has closed from over 600 to currently 470.
Good times ... and just under 7 days to go.
Your votes are certainly [H]elping <===== did i do that right? lol

Back