Can a VIA MII run mirrored displays?

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
It has VGA and TV-out built-in. I know you can't run Span mode using the onboard video, but how about Clone mode? I have one of these for my car, and Geeks.com has a special on headrest-mounted LCD's. I'm thinking of picking up a set and running it in tandem with a 7" in-dash touchscreen. Would I be wasting my money?

Do you already have the VIA MII? You could hook up a monitor(s) and test it yourself. They aren't very common so it might be hard to find someone who has tried that. Plus if you test it your self you know for sure.

Why wouldn't you just run it to a distribution amp? That way you don't even have to worry about the software or hardware of the pc.

Do you already have the VIA MII? You could hook up a monitor(s) and test it yourself. They aren't very common so it might be hard to find someone who has tried that. Plus if you test it your self you know for sure.
No spare power supply, I guess I'll dismantle something over the weekend. Don't tell me I have to stop being lazy... so much work!
Why wouldn't you just run it to a distribution amp? That way you don't even have to worry about the software or hardware of the pc.
No distribution amp in my car, not touching the electronics apart from ripping out the stock stereo.

So you are putting a PC and headrest monitors in your car, but you aren't 'messing with electronics'? :p All you would have to do is run another power cable in parallel with one of your other devices.

So you are putting a PC and headrest monitors in your car, but you aren't 'messing with electronics'? :p All you would have to do is run another power cable in parallel with one of your other devices.
It's a beater, I'm just interested in adding DivX/MP3 support to the uninspired stock GM system. The sound quality is quite enough for me.

What are you talking about sound quality? I thought we were talking about getting video on multiple monitors.... :confused:

And this is being done in a beater? :confused:

What are you talking about sound quality? I thought we were talking about getting video on multiple monitors.... :confused:

And this is being done in a beater? :confused:
I meant that the only electronics work I'm doing is to the dash itself (whatever is necessary to replace the CD player with a Lilliput/Xenarc), and whatever wiring is necessary for the screens and their power supplies. I'm not touching anything else, so I'm not adding an amp.

It's not a beater per se, but a 2002 Malibu LS isn't exactly the pinnacle of luxury (no matter what they want you to infer from its name). :p I'm just doing this while I save up for a Dodge Challenger; some of the parts from this build will carry over to the Dodge in a few years. :)

I wasn't talking about an audio amp.. I was talking about a video distribution amp. You might want to look into it. :)

Back