Camelot Unchained upcoming BSC days (Lots of new info, live streaming, contests, etc)

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
I know I can't be the only one following this game since it successfully funded through kickstarter a while back.

CSE is planning to do a BSC (Batshit crazy) event starting next week.

http://camelotunchained.com/en/evening-update-thursday-july-10th-2014/

After the announcement of Mythic going bye bye a short time ago I hope all the more that this game turns out good, especially in the face of EA (who wouldn't allow Mark to buy back the IP while at the same time they brought the guy back on board at mythic who drove it into the ground).

Hopefully this event will get more people interested and all the new info and other goodies will help it out.

Loved DaoC PVP.. Puts all current MMO's to shame with its level of depth and teamwork requirements.

Does this game plan to have any PvE too? or is it just straight PvP.. max level no gear grinding etc.

Loved DaoC PVP.. Puts all current MMO's to shame with its level of depth and teamwork requirements.

Does this game plan to have any PvE too? or is it just straight PvP.. max level no gear grinding etc.

The game is focused on RVR but it will have some PVE creatures/npcs, however they will not drop loot, it's going to have a player focused economy and player crafters are an actual class in of themselves.

While anyone can be a low-level crafter only crafters will have access to the high level crafting and be able to make the best things.

They are also going to have the Depths (An RVR dungeon like Darkness falls in DAOC).

He talks about it here in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5TGkPFwIU4

My lack of time is cringing already, please no... I.. can't... but a Minstrel was the most diverse class I've played in a game, ever.

This is the only game I kickstartered =)
I would of Kickstarted Pillars Enternity if I knew about it back then wasn't sold on Shroud of the Avatar game but it looks pretty decent except the characters look silly but maybe that was their humble intention.
What the hell does BSC stand for Batshit Crazy oh I missed that =)

Darkness Fall is my favorite Dungeon cause it looked like a Dungeon I like some of the Dungeon in Rift too and UO.

This looks intriguing , I loved DAoC RvR , and Shroud of the Avatar is coming along nicely. Ultima Online was my first ever MMO, if they could redo that game in 3d I would buy it!

First good info that dropped from today, detailing the stats system they are going for:

http://camelotunchained.com/en/bsc/#about-stat-system

They are going for a "skill" type of system like in Ultima Online, you want to raise strength? Use something that requires strength to gain it.

Your stats do NOT affect the dmg or things of items, IE more strength doesn't make a sword do "more dmg."

It's merely a "gating" system to determine what equipment you can use and how well, the stats of the gear are what determines the dmg and things.

Gear does NOT boost any stats, no +2 boots of strength or anything.

Crafters will have more control over the creation of items and how they work.

+lots more info in there.

Back