CALS

Rahh

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently bought more CAL's for my SBS 2003 server so that I may get more VPN's able to connect to it legally. Well, SBS comes with 5 CAL's already and I purchased 5 more but my maximum usage once I installed them stayed the same.... So, It didn’t get me anywhere so far because no more than 5 can still connect to my SBS. Now it does say that I have 10 licenses installed but the maximum usage remained 5 as it was before installation and that didn’t help me at all.

Any recommendations?

No idea... I know on win2k, if you run of of licenses it's no big deal... it keeps letting you use it. :confused:

QJ

Rahh said:
I recently bought more CAL's for my SBS 2003 server so that I may get more VPN's able to connect to it legally. Well, SBS comes with 5 CAL's already and I purchased 5 more but my maximum usage once I installed them stayed the same.... So, It didn’t get me anywhere so far because no more than 5 can still connect to my SBS. Now it does say that I have 10 licenses installed but the maximum usage remained 5 as it was before installation and that didn’t help me at all.

Any recommendations?

Go into Routing and Remote Access, expand the RRAS area, right click on ports, select either PPTP or L2TP depending on the VPN types you are using, and check to see how many incoming VPN connections are allowed.

If only 5 are allowed, then you need to up that to 10.

Yeah, figured that out finally but If I hadnt then I woulda with your response. Thanks!!!

:)

Back