Calling those with Windows 7 beta and nVidia cards capable of PhysX!

trudude

[H]ard|Gawd
First...are you able to use PhysX with the nVidia drivers from Windows update?
Second...are there any downloadable Windows 7 beta drivers out there yet that allow PhysX?

The reason I am asking is cause I want to see if I can put one of my old 8800GTX's along side my 4870 and now be able to run them both since Windows 7 supports multiple video cards. I want to test out the Cryostasis Tech demo with PhysX enabled on my 8800GTX while everything else is running onmy 4870.

Well I just installed the new 181.20 x64 Vista Drivers and while it installed it actually said it was installing for Windows 7 beta in the top left hand. Now I have the latest ATi drivers installed as well as the latest beta nVidia drivers. The only problem I have now is that in the PhysX configuration settings I can't pick my 8800GTX. I know there is a way to enable it through the nVidia Control Panel, but I do not have the option of using the nVidia Control Panel. Does anyone know how to manually bring up the nVidia control panel?

Okay...so pretty much you can only enable PhysX when the monitor is plugged into the nVidia card. How awesome... :(

Interesting thing is that I can literally switch back and forth from nVidia to ATi literally by switching DVI cables. Heh.

Back