Calling all gtx 570 owners....

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
ok guys I just got a nice Gigabyte Windforce gtx 570. What Nvidia driver version are you all using. I would like to overclock as well.

TIA!

Just use the latest ones. Work fine for me with my 570 SLI setup.

As for overclocking, 800-850 core seems to be a typical overclock for 570s, but see what you can get.

Gigabyte Windforce gtx 570 ... I would like to overclock as well.

It's already oc to 845 for you. There's probably not a lot left, if any. If it crashes or stutters during Crysis or BF3, lower the clock to 772.

Its factory clock is 780. I will start ocing this week for sure say 15mhz at a time. How much should I rasie the shaders and the memory?

dont bother overclocking the memory, i think its useless for the resolution that you use, and there is a chance you could damage it.

822mhz on the gpu is the highest the company overclocked out of the box so i would not go higher than that.

Last edited:
Yeah I tried 825 on mine and started getting some artifacts. Might try 810 but honestly I don't think that extra 10 MHz is gonna make that much of a difference. :p

Plus, 800/1600/2000 is kind of a nice, round set of numbers.

Yeah I tried 825 on mine and started getting some artifacts. Might try 810 but honestly I don't think that extra 10 MHz is gonna make that much of a difference. :p

Plus, 800/1600/2000 is kind of a nice, round set of numbers.

Mine will do 900/2100 and pass 3DMark11 w/o problems, but games like BF3 will CTD. I run it 850/2100 w/o any issues.

It's been a great card for me. I just run the current official drivers and I haven't OC'd very often past the factory 870. In my case (FT02) the windforce cooler works wonders, rarely gets above the low 60's gaming.

Mine will do 900/2100 and pass 3DMark11 w/o problems, but games like BF3 will CTD. I run it 850/2100 w/o any issues.

I've had several like that too. I've tested over 12 different GTX 570's (including 3x 2.5GB ones) and they all OC differently. Out of that sample group, 3 would go to 900 mhz core or above, 4 would only go to 880 mhz, and the rest would go to 860 mhz or so.

The one I kept for myself (a 2.5 GB) must be a golden sample or something because it has insane OC potential. My highest stable OC with it in 3Dmark11 is 960 core, 2300 MHz RAM (score was P7500). I play Battlefield 3 for hours with it at 940/2220, so it is rock solid. With extra volts (say, 1.125v) I think it'd hit 1 Ghz stable. The card's stock voltage is 0.963v, the lowest I've ever seen for a 570!

GTX 570's are definitely the most fun GPU's I've ever played with. Here's hoping the GTX 670 offers the same great performance/price/OC potential.

I've had several like that too. I've tested over 12 different GTX 570's (including 3x 2.5GB ones) and they all OC differently. Out of that sample group, 3 would go to 900 mhz core or above, 4 would only go to 880 mhz, and the rest would go to 860 mhz or so.

The one I kept for myself (a 2.5 GB) must be a golden sample or something because it has insane OC potential. My highest stable OC with it in 3Dmark11 is 960 core, 2300 MHz RAM (score was P7500). I play Battlefield 3 for hours with it at 940/2220, so it is rock solid. With extra volts (say, 1.125v) I think it'd hit 1 Ghz stable. The card's stock voltage is 0.963v, the lowest I've ever seen for a 570!

GTX 570's are definitely the most fun GPU's I've ever played with. Here's hoping the GTX 670 offers the same great performance/price/OC potential.

Did you test any of those MSI 570s with the 470 PCB/cooler? I keep hearing that pushing the voltage on those is a bad idea but I haven't seen a whole lot of overclocking info on them, either.

ok small problem, afterburner is not allowing me to adjust the voltage? I have unlock voltage control, unlock voltage monitoring and force voltage constant checked and still no joy??

thoughts? My card is a Gigabyte windforce edition.

Did you test any of those MSI 570s with the 470 PCB/cooler? I keep hearing that pushing the voltage on those is a bad idea but I haven't seen a whole lot of overclocking info on them, either.

I have not tested those, but they are garbage. 470 cooler is junk, I have no idea why they switched to it. Probably for cost efficiency.

All 12 of the GTX 570's I've tested had at least reference coolers on them. Reference cooler is actually pretty damn great considering the OC's you can achieve.

ok small problem, afterburner is not allowing me to adjust the voltage? I have unlock voltage control, unlock voltage monitoring and force voltage constant checked and still no joy??

thoughts? My card is a Gigabyte windforce edition.

Did you unlock the overclocking mode?

Go into MSI Afterburner's folder in Program files, open the cfg file called MSIAfterburner.cfg. Open it with Notepad. Then go to these lines and change them to look like this:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1

I have not tested those, but they are garbage. 470 cooler is junk, I have no idea why they switched to it. Probably for cost efficiency.

All 12 of the GTX 570's I've tested had at least reference coolers on them. Reference cooler is actually pretty damn great considering the OC's you can achieve.

Did you unlock the overclocking mode?

Go into MSI Afterburner's folder in Program files, open the cfg file called MSIAfterburner.cfg. Open it with Notepad. Then go to these lines and change them to look like this:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1

uhh afterburner is an overclocking tool, why would I need to unlock it? The card is currently overclocked slightly @ 800mhz

uhh afterburner is an overclocking tool, why would I need to unlock it? The card is currently overclocked slightly @ 800mhz

I thought what he said about UnofficialOverclockingEULA was only for Radeons.

Back