Call to arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been selling old stuff left and right, and she has no concept of value in PC parts

I'm cheating on her with F@H lol :)

well, im not trying to predict the way its going, I'm just looking at what we have now and thinking how to go from here.

That's basically what I was saying, you can only really plan according to the here and now. We don't know when GPU3 is actually going to be released in the wild or how the points will fall when it is. This fahman guy has one post on the evga forum, so he could be full of it for all we know.

Something im wondering is he mentioned that he runs a GPU instance per shader cluster group.

Would that work for the current gen cards?

Something im wondering is he mentioned that he runs a GPU instance per shader cluster group.

Would that work for the current gen cards?

I think that is the whole idea behind GPU3. To use the current shaders more optimally in all cards. Including ATI I believe.

Never fear! My 80k PPD, if my math is right, rigs will be up as soon as I get the parts in the mail!
I have these cards either in the mail or waiting for parts that are in the mail.
3 - 9800GX2 <--- In the mail
5 - GTX275 <--- 4 in the mail
3 - 9600GSO <--- Waiting on PS
1 - 8600GTS <--- Waiting on...... I don't know? Fire up an old AMD 4000+
Right now I'm getting about 19k PPD off 1 - GTX 280 and Q9550, 2 - 9600 GSO and on Ati card on my bosses home computer.
My sons old Opteron 185 was cruising with one GTX 275, but I think I have a memory issue. Working on a fix.

Last edited:
Newegg, search for a Booster X5. If they can be certified for SLI GTX 295, they can handle 4 - 9600GSOs!
At a cost of $75!

hmmm he has his 4 gx2's on a 750 silencer, thats what I have my 3 260's on, great PSU
no, didnt want to go that, I think I can find cheaper prices, and I already have 2 GX2's. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's already sold all them. I may try for the mobo tho, Ill PM him

any oter ideas for cheaper PSU for 4 GX2's

Newegg, search for a Booster X5. If they can be certified for SLI GTX 295, they can handle 4 - 9600GSOs!
At a cost of $75!

oops.

I meant, where did you find the 3 9600GSO? (The FSP BoosterX5 is an addon PSU, not a main one?)

Found cards on Newegg!

Why spend lots of money on two expensive PS when you can buy 3 for less!

Last edited:
Understandable for wanting one cable.
Naked box? The units go into a 5" drive bay.... Stackable!! ;)

hmmm.. And the BoosterX5 can be easily moved to a future rig for a 'boost'.

I might consider this more seriously next time.

I have several VGA only PS. my fail rate is 0%
I have lost 2 Antecs and an OCZ top of the line 1000watt that was running only a GTX 280 in the last year and a half. Since I started using the VGA only PS, the POS Power has had no problems. That's why I don't mind the extra cables. Reliability!!!!
Goto slizone.com for certified PS solutions.

LOL. Nitro, got any decision yet? even If my board is still workable, I'll still need atleast one more 4 way

You and Axdrenaline are gonna have to fight over it

Im gonna keep my Intel setup and sell the K9A2

Good find. Thanks for the link. Im not sure ow i missed this on the front page and in the Intel forum. :confused:

OK, Ive got the following coming in so far

K9A2 + CPU + HS
2 9800 GX2 (already had 1, my buddy only sold 1)

I've spent 300$ so far...

I'm thinking
Sell the 680i LT (+60$)
Sell my P4+HS (now that the new VMPlayer supports 4 cores, SMP is viable with 2 gigs ram) (+20$)
Buy 2 more GX2's (-330$) (@165 a piece)
Buy 2 more PSU's (??)

Next Question, any recomendations for a good (read CHEAP) rack mount? Ive got a single rail rack, so no sliders :( I'm fine with just a shelf to put the stuff on, running naked anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back