Call of Juarez released today....DX10 included???

Sipster

Gawd
Call of Juarez was released today in the U.S.....

Can someone confirm that it includes DX10 support or will the U.S. version need a patch as well.

I have the European version... and then I got the DX10 demo. Not sure why, because I have Vista and the DX9 version runs awesome w/ full graphics at 1280x960, but the DX10 runs like crap.... not sure I want the DX10 version on my system :confused:

I ran the DX10 benchmark a couple of days ago and my average fps were 20......pretty scary considering how much faster they said DX10 would be!

I still want try the game in DX10 mode. The benchmark looks oh so pretty!

Like others are saying, I don't want to put too much hope in these console ports/DX10 patches only... I want to see an actual DX10 game, made for DX10 and see how it performs.

Well, I just went to the store and picked it up, and the manual does mention a dx10 mode. I haven't had the time to install it yet but I'm pretty sure it's included in the us release.

It comes with a separate DX10 launcher, I'll post some comparisons later, if no one else has by then. For me it runs way too shitty in DX10 to even bother with it. I don't even run maxed out DX9 though, with my 8800GTX. I prefer my shooters to stay above 40fps at all times, with the DX9 maxed it stays around 30.

Anyone know a way to check fps in DX10? FRAPS doesn't work in DX10.

It comes with a separate DX10 launcher, I'll post some comparisons later, if no one else has by then. For me it runs way too shitty in DX10 to even bother with it. I don't even run maxed out DX9 though, with my 8800GTX. I prefer my shooters to stay above 40fps at all times, with the DX9 maxed it stays around 30.

Anyone know a way to check fps in DX10? FRAPS doesn't work in DX10.

What res are you playing at? I'm playing at 1280x960 and have everything maxed w/ a GTS 320mb. Although with all the eye candy you can't enable AA. But I like the eye candy :D

You are not going to see a big shift in graphics paradigm from DX9 to DX10. That is not what DX10 is about, and that has never been what DX10 is about. DX10 is about coding efficiency and time-to-market. It is made to make game development faster and easier. It is more efficient in terms of a software architecture than DX9, but the DX10 hardware is not currently mature enough to really let it shine. Thus, DX10 appears to be slower without adding any additional capabilites.

I expect G90 and R700 to be much more efficient products for DX10 code.

Fun game but dont think its worth the $50 right now, pretty short. 9hrs of gameplay maybe, but was alot of fun. Smooth graphics for the most part. I just wish you got the bow sooner in the game, was alot of fun to go into slow-mo then fire an arrow at someones head and see blood go everywhere.

Back