Call of Duty: WWII

Uh I don't recall mentioning that I've learned this just now, I mentioned a few times about the previous games being repetitive. I'm just expressing that this one is yet again a disappointment. Thanks for the reply.

if you knew this all along then the question becomes why did you buy the new CoD game?...Einstein once said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...thanks for the reply

if you knew this all along then the question becomes why did you buy the new CoD game?...Einstein once said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...thanks for the reply

I don't see how ranting/replying and wasting your time on a game thread, a thread dedicated to a game that you have zero interest in to even try, is any more logical than my own decisions.

As I said, I bought it to play with friends. Please read next time. Thanks

I don't see how ranting/replying and wasting your time on a game thread, a thread dedicated to a game that you have zero interest in to even try, is any more logical than my own decisions.

As I said, I bought it to play with friends. Please read next time. Thanks

I do my research about a game to see if it's something I would enjoy before buying, not after...you should try it sometime...it's a novel concept...you're welcome

I do my research about a game to see if it's something I would enjoy before buying, not after...you should try it sometime...it's a novel concept...you're welcome

I'm more irritated at your attempt to troll me than me spending a measily $60 on a game. Find a hobby or something. Jesus Christ.

Thanks for the video. Yeah, pretty much the same thing. Even deploying the Bangalore's on Omaha, same as the first COD. I see that they didn't include the Swastika armband for the Nazis at 6:24 in the SP campaign either. I guess Historical accuracy is trumped by SJW outrage these days, which is a shame. Looks pretty stale. Well, atleast I still own the first two COD games on disk. Pass.

The real question is, how does the single player game compare to the original COD?

Looks like its the same thing lol. I guess its finally true, "If you've played one COD , you've played them all".

Looks like its the same thing lol. I guess its finally true, "If you've played one COD , you've played them all".

Lol. I'll play the campaign tonight or tomorrow and see how it is. Might as well at least.

My question to you all is, should cod move its way towards a battlefield style gameplay? Open maps, flight combat, etc?

Lol. I'll play the campaign tonight or tomorrow and see how it is. Might as well at least.

My question to you all is, should cod move its way towards a battlefield style gameplay? Open maps, flight combat, etc?

I don't think it matters at this point really. I'm sure every FPS will move that direction at some point. Just like we've seen the RPG elements of leveling up your character or choosing perks invade every FPS in recent years.

Really all this game makes me want to do is play the first two again.

Really all this game makes me want to do is play the first two again.

I remember when the first game came out and how well regarded it was...back then they were competing against the Medal of Honor series...how times have changed...now CoD is competing against Battlefield not in terms of critical acclaim but as examples of yearly releases which have watered down the genre

Honestly, why do people keep buying the same regurgitated bs that is every COD in the last idk 5 years or so?

I say that, but I actually considered buying it at $45, decided to come here first, I'm thankful and so not surprised to read exactly what I expected.

I super enjoyed World at War and was hoping this might actually be decent. Sigh...

Honestly, why do people keep buying the same regurgitated bs that is every COD in the last idk 5 years or so?...

people want it to be good...they want the next CoD game to be the one where it reminds them of the glory days of the series...they want the developers to listen to the community, add dedicated servers and bring back what made the early games so much fun...when the new yearly game is announced I also look for signs of a renaissance but by the time the beta is released and the game is released you see that it's basically the same game from 5 years ago with a few new skins and loot boxes added

Video Game industry is going the same track as the world is.. No new ideas, scared to break the mold in fear of failing, offending people, just plain sucking. Just like the movie industry.. I mean really what new ideas have came out in the past 10 years?, and people wonder why PUBG has blown up, the game is not that good, but its something "new". COD 1, UO, and COD2, amazing games, like i literally wanted to play them, now i just stare at my PC like, eh whats the point.. Ive actually let my woman take over my gaming PC so she can work from home, because IMHO gaming sucks anymore.

I was hoping this COD would bring back the old roots. but after playing the beta, twas all the same..

But the younger generation feeds into the "hype" because its "new and awesome" to them, when in reality, its been the same copy and paste for the past 5 years..

\
I super enjoyed World at War and was hoping this might actually be decent. Sigh...

Have you played COD & United Offensive or COD2? If not you should play those too. World at War was pretty good though, I liked it also.

Have you played COD & United Offensive or COD2? If not you should play those too. World at War was pretty good though, I liked it also.

I think the first one I ever played was COD2 or maybe 3, didn't realize you could play those still though lol.

Quick little run down of my last 24 hours experience with COD:WW2

I caved when I found out a few friends of mine were going to play this. So I bought the $60 game hoping for a decent experience. I could not have been more disappointed. From graphics to gameplay, nothing about this Call of Duty reminds me of its old roots. In fact, from the 14 or 15 year difference between the first COD and this, I find them taking a half assed approach to what made them in fact popular. The multiplayer experience is exactly what I hate the new COD games for. Repetitive shooting, 10 - 15 yard sniping, mediocre sounds, over use of MG's and Submachine Guns, lack of hard core modes and maps being deceptively similar.

This whole headquarters thing is ridiculous. Why even add this? Yay, let's pretend we're on the beaches of Normandy(Post DDAY battle) to upgrade/ buy anything we need.

The only somewhat fun game mode here is WAR. At least you can have multiple people in any match PTFO. Other than that, it's the same repetitive run and gun gameplay as we've seen in all the previous 4 or 5 COD games.

I haven't played the campaign yet, but I wasn't really in to buying the game due to its campaign. And if it's at all good, this may up my personal score of this game. But that will be hard to do. It would have to have the passion/intensity as COD 4 had in its SP to redeem itself for me. So I'll leave those remarks at that.

Nazi Zombies - I do enjoy the change of gameplay this has to offer compared to the previous zombie modes. No more having to build up barriers to get money (Aka Jolts). Much of this game play now reminds of Killing Floor 2. You can now share your money with players, which is kind of nice. Some shmuck who constantly buys crap and dies, can mooch off of the better players. Yay! However, the mode itself is better than the actual MP experience from what I've seen so far.

Overall, not impressed in the slightest. Nothing new to see here in this game as we've seen before. Graphics aren't that spectacular imo, although performance wise, my computer was running with out hiccups. Sounds quality isn't anything special. Constant annoying voices yelling about changes in the objectives kind of kill the experience too.

Again, this is my own personal opinion. If any of you are enjoying it, hats off to you. I just can't see how this is any bit as intense as BF1 was when I played for the first few hours.

5/10 is my score. And that's me being somewhat lenient.

Damn, I think you just talked me out of buying this. The summary covers most of my concerns. Sounds like the typical COD gameplay, just with a new skin on it. My brother is pushing me to get it, but may wait at least until there is a sale.

I'm wondering why they won't allow dedicated servers? Is it a money thing or a control thing? Players been asking for this for years now. No, I'm not trolling. I'd like to know their reasoning.

Nah, I've got Battlefield for battlefield style FPS games and having two games doing the same thing would be redundant to me. I get that COD is repetitive but I dont understand the hate it gets, its COD. It does what COD does best and thats fun and simple shooting other players with dated but fleshed out mechanics. I personally skip every 2-4 COD releases but I do enjoy them because they arn't battlefield or some indepth game, its the game I go into when I have 20 minutes to shoot someone in the face because its super easy to drop into and play then leave.

Damn, I think you just talked me out of buying this. The summary covers most of my concerns. Sounds like the typical COD gameplay, just with a new skin on it. My brother is pushing me to get it, but may wait at least until there is a sale.
Haha, yeah. I mean at least you'll have someone to play with. And above all, that's my most important aspect of playing any mp games. If you and your brother have a good time just playing anything together, it may be worth it.
But then again, jump on his computer and see for yourself.

Of the hour or two that I got to play with my friends, it wasn't god awful, but not one of us had a "that was dope!" moment.

I'm wondering why they won't allow dedicated servers? Is it a money thing or a control thing? Players been asking for this for years now. No, I'm not trolling. I'd like to know their reasoning.

People really need to stop assuming matchmaking means it doesn't run on dedicated servers. WWII is not P2P. The matches are run on dedicated servers, you just don't have the option of choosing which server to join via a traditional server browser.

Just wanted to comment that the campaign was incredibly fun. I really really enjoyed it and it took about 7 hours for me to beat on Normal difficulty which was just the right difficulty for me. Was a great balance. The D Day landing was incredible, and there was some great battles afterwards as well. I really hoped they would make this a series thing. Like how they did Modern Warfare 1-3 in that we followed a group of characters through the campaigns and we cared what happened to them. There were some great emotional scenes during the campaign and overall it was really enjoyable. Don't give a shit about the MP, but if anyone is hesitant or hasn't played the SP yet, then you really should.

Only problem I ran into was the cut-scene stutter. Not sure why this is such a big problem, but all the cut-scenes freeze when not using the in-game engine for the cut-scene. Only way to mitigate it is to bring up the Steam overlay and close it again. Completely disabling the Steam overlay doesn't fix it, but opening it and closing it again seems to mitigate the problem a little.

I'm almost done the Single Player and I've got about 5 hours in the MP. Here are my thoughts as a hardcore Battlefield player.

The MP is actually fun. Yes, it's "COD like" in that the TTK is very fast and you can do ridiculous kill streaks. If you just take it for what it is....then yes it's fun. It's incredibly twitchy, reminds me of CS:GO. I've been getting rolled by guys that are obviously hardcore COD players and still having fun. The map design is pretty good and the variety of game modes is also pretty great.

The SP campaign is very nostalgic for me. I haven't paid for a COD game since like...Modern Warfare 2. It has the classic rail shooter feel and COD gimmicks like tapping keys, getting on guns to hold off waves of enemies, etc. Graphically it looks fantastic and has very good sound design.

I'm almost done the Single Player and I've got about 5 hours in the MP. Here are my thoughts as a hardcore Battlefield player.

The MP is actually fun. Yes, it's "COD like" in that the TTK is very fast and you can do ridiculous kill streaks. If you just take it for what it is....then yes it's fun. It's incredibly twitchy, reminds me of CS:GO. I've been getting rolled by guys that are obviously hardcore COD players and still having fun. The map design is pretty good and the variety of game modes is also pretty great.

The SP campaign is very nostalgic for me. I haven't paid for a COD game since like...Modern Warfare 2. It has the classic rail shooter feel and COD gimmicks like tapping keys, getting on guns to hold off waves of enemies, etc. Graphically it looks fantastic and has very good sound design.

Mango, are you getting the same issue I am having during the SP cutscenes where the videos freeze? I have yet to hear anyone else mention it. Are the cutscenes smooth for you?

Mango, are you getting the same issue I am having during the SP cutscenes where the videos freeze? I have yet to hear anyone else mention it. Are the cutscenes smooth for you?

Nope, I have not experience any freezing or stuttering.

I did have a few lag spikes during MP the first day, I just chalked that up to server issues.

I've experienced the freezing/stuttering in some cutscenes.

Wow, this COD is really bad. It is as if they weren't even trying to make the whole thing fun. D-Day landing was so underwhelming. What a load of poop. I may finish it though.

i hate the dumbass quick time events. That fucking mouse drag is just unnecessary. You have to drag your mouse 3 feet across your table just to line it up with the circle. What an annoyance.

Last edited:
I think it was a decent game. About 5 hours till the end. Missions were short but had some decent set pieces. Josh can't act and it was apparent here as well. It was a by the numbers storyline with a mix of saving private ryan, pearl harbor and any other ww2 movie thrown in. I think good for a single play through if you can pick it up for a 5 or 10 dolla.

MP is already dead I reckon?

I give it a 7/10 since the ending was good.

I think it was a decent game. About 5 hours till the end. Missions were short but had some decent set pieces. Josh can't act and it was apparent here as well. It was a by the numbers storyline with a mix of saving private ryan, pearl harbor and any other ww2 movie thrown in. I think good for a single play through if you can pick it up for a 5 or 10 dolla.

MP is already dead I reckon?

I give it a 7/10 since the ending was good.

The peak MP player count was 46,000 yesterday so it's still going strong.

I reset all my settings in game and haven't had one spawn lag I'm stuck since maybe I clicked on something by accident.

I turned down like all the settings seems to be better went two entire matching without my keyboard locking up in game but a few guys on steam still have the problem patch is either today or tommrow. If you clean up the textures though it's easier to see the other guy it's more clear. I play Domination most of the time though cause it's crazy and now about flanking or stalking the other team.

Last edited:
Campaign was decent. Only problem I had was stuttering. Switched to borderless window mode which helped a bit but made cut scenes stutter in the beginning. Got stuck in the ground once, which sucked. Some of the checkpoint saves were annoying requiring you to watch a 30 second explosion fest among them. First mission was boring and was pulling almost every war movie/video game cliche in the book.

Outside of that, it was enjoyable for what it was. It wasn't as bad as MW3 and some of those games but not as good as Infinite Warfare. Still a lot of "been there done that", but its CoD so I expected that.

I can't even get this game running... it just sits there as a background process, nothing happens.
If I kill the process and try again, I get a option of starting the game in safe mode, but that doesn't work either.
Weird, this is the first game in a long time I can't get to run... at all.

Verify integrity of game files?
Done that... everything I can think of, including uninstalling/re-download...
Googling 'call of duty ww2 won't launch' I see I'm not the only one with this problem :(

This is the only game in my Steam folder that won't run... and i have quite a few, so I'm a little bit baffled.

Back